Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit garage very lightly but damaged housing and skull. Camera still works and mirror (not broken) still moves and adjusts. Went to dealership (UGH!!!) for estimate -$729. They say I have to have camera calibrated or I'll have warning signals on dash. Not sure I believe them. Parts are back ordered. If expedited, will arrive in one month. If not, 3 months.

Interested in purchasing parts online from a reputable website. Not sure how to vet those. I'm not handy but have someone who is. Also interested in watching videos to help guide this installation.

Was told to check local pick and pulls. Only a 2010 model is listed. Are these pieces compatible with any Civics or Accords? If so, what years??

Any and all info/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,771 Posts
Unfortunately, not swappable with Civic items. It's model-specific. I know there's a thread in this forum from another member that went through this. I'll dig around to see if I can find it.

You're limited to wrecking yard parts for a 2019-2020 Insight only for your issue. Depending on the color, it may be a rarity.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Like I posted, dealership said there is a back order for the parts. Expedited could get in a month. I see that I can order the parts via Jim White Honda in Ohio. I could get them in about 2 weeks. Do all dealerships source from the same place? Why such a discrepancy??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Believe I have to install the entire sub-assembly for the right mirror on the EX. Any hints or videos on how to accomplish this would be appreciated. Also interested in videos on how to calibrate the camera. No need to pay dealership $$$ for calibration. Anyone have experience ordering parts from Jim White Honda in Ohio?

·
Registered
108 Posts
No experience with that dealer. Google reviews are generally favorable, 4.4 starts, but found this recent one about parts:

Sean Jensen

20 reviews·4 photos
2 months ago
Be careful about ordering parts from their website. I ordered something, was charged, and got an email two days later saying that the part I ordered was on backorder and they had no idea when it would be in stock. They said their website is "ran by a third party it does not show our actual inventory". Useless.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if their estimated availability isn't accurate.

If the camera does need calibrating, you're probably going to need to go to a dealer :/ Hopefully, it will be the same as the old one and plug and play.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very helpful info!!! Thanks for the parts review for Jim White Honda. Glad I didn't order the parts yet. I bet I would get the same email after ordering/paying. I know from my dealership that expedited shipping would take about a month or 3 months without expediting. Sure hope the camera is plug & play.

I'm still interested in installation videos for when the parts do arrive. I've seen a few calibration videos but not for a 3rd gen Insight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts