Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to clean rubber floor mats...for those of you having trouble cleaning your rubber floor mats (I.e. verdier) here is a video I came across with tips to do so: https://youtu.be/4zm4cWtmJLU

Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
How to clean rubber floor mats...for those of you having trouble cleaning your rubber floor mats (I.e. verdier) here is a video I came across with tips to do so: https://youtu.be/4zm4cWtmJLU
Okay honda2019, I love you again. After dissing spoilers before ,I thought I was going to have to send a hit squad out to give you a good old fashioned attitude adjustment. 馃槈

Administrator
So... what do folks use to protect/dress the floor mats after cleaning, that has been effective at reducing cleaning effort the next time around without being too slick?
  • Stoner Trim Shine is suggested for this in the video link above.
  • Silicone-based rubber protectant was mentioned in a different video.
  • Some auto detailers use Meguiar's Natural Shine or Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer or McKee's Floor Mat Rejuvenator
I'd like to avoid an oily/slipper finish (like tire shines or Armor All?) that transfers to shoes and/or risks foot sliding off pedals while driving... but would like enough protection to slow the brown/crusty effect in winter.

Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
I just clean them with Simple Green and rise them off. I don't use any dressing to make them look pretty. After all, I don't look at them when I'm driving!

Administrator
Ugh, but I want them to look pretty and like factory new longer, without having to pull/clean weekly. Brown crusty floor mat coating is what I notice when I open the doors, in contrast to the rest of the car being clean.

Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
Any dressing put on after cleaning will make the mat slippery. That's why I only use a cleaner, rinse and let them dry. Simple Green seems to be the best as there is no "after smell."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts