Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

Howdy from Houston

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Insightful 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2019 Honda Insight Touring with some accessories. I love it!! I work offshore and would spend around $100 each way from Houston to Galliano, LA. With my Insight, I calculated it will only take 9 gallons of premium fuel (about $27 each way). My truck is a 2004 Ford F-250 with a V10, let’s just say you do not drive the truck for the fuel economy.

#3 ·
I'm guessing the commute savings are just weekly, since offshore work schedules are usually week-on/week-off (living at the offshore platform in between) - but still an astounding $146 per week and $3796 per year (round trip). The difference might even fund the monthly car payment itself!

Even more savings might be possible using regular unleaded for the Insight rather than premium. 87 octane is the minimum specified by Honda, and delivers great mpg. https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/153-2019-powertrain-technical-discussion/2942-what-type-gas.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.