Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

I Don't See Any "Daytime Running Lights"

8K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  insightfully 
#1 ·
on my 2019 EX Insight. Which specific bulbs or strings are supposed to be lit up? Are they really difficult to see? "Enlightenment" will be appreciated. Wow, so much to learn

#2 ·
It's a strip that runs the bottom edge of the light, turning up towards the corner by the indicator. It's not hard to see at all. The actual headlights are just below the chrome wing, above the daytime running lights. They are exceptionally bright.

#3 · (Edited)
See attached for a quick diagram. The daytime running lights are the thin perimeter strip of lights that runs just below the headlight area on each side.

The daytime running lights turn on automatically when the following conditions are true: car is turned on, the headlight switch is in Auto or Off, AND the parking brake is released.

They turn off when the car is powered off OR when the headlights are turned on.

Attachments

#10 ·
Saw a lady driving a modern steel Insight with just the DRLs on tonight and a Porsche going the wrong way.
OMG, I've totally done the DRL-only thing. The DRLs are are so bright compared to halogen bulbs at night that I thought the headlights were on, 3 miles into a drive. (Recall I'm one of those people who manually run the headlights and dislikes the Auto feature.) But actually turning the Insight's headlights on was totally 'enlightening' though; made me say "WOW" realizing how effective both the DRL and headlights are separately, ha.

#11 · (Edited)
Sometimes I will pull over to wait for someone and switch over to parking lights(essentially DRLs and the tail lights stay on) from low beams. Then I drive off again without realizing for a few miles I need to switch back to low beams. I don't think I've driven with just the DRLs and no tail lights on because I would notice the brighter instrument panel & infotainment screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.