Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just picked up a slightly used 2020 Insight EX about a month ago, and I just wanted to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR. It's comfortable, smooth, quiet, looks great... I'm getting about 53 MPG average, including well over 1000 miles of highway driving so far (about 2/3 of the miles I've put on the car). The combination of the adaptive cruise control and the lane keeping assistance makes driving on the highway so much less tiring too.

My only minor complaint so far is that the automatic high beams don't work as well as I'd like... They don't shut off quite as quickly as I would hope, especially on windy roads where an oncoming car might only pop into view when they're basically right on top of you. Also I kind of wish it had automatic windshield wipers like my wife's Mazda, but that I can live without. I've also had a few instances where the infotainment system won't connect to my Android phone over Bluetooth without going into the settings and toggling Bluetooth off and back on; again, not the worst thing.

I also wanted to call out that I'm honestly surprised that I can use Android Auto on my phone connected to one USB port while simultaneously listening to music from my iPod connected to the other USB port. I'm sure I'm approximately one of about 5 people that "needs" this feature and I 100% expected it not to work, but it does, and pretty darn flawlessly. Good job, developers of the infotainment system software.

Anyone have any tips and tricks I should know about?

Thanks, and happy driving!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cosmic Blue. I would have preferred Aegean Blue, but this one showed up at a good price and I jumped on it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What are the auto windshield wipers like on the Mazda--I assume they turn on automatically when it rains. . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the auto windshield wipers like on the Mazda--I assume they turn on automatically when it rains. . .
Yes. And I realize now that this is a feature on the Touring model, but I have an EX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts