Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my Insight EX today. Love it so far. Got a great deal on her and so far she's a blast. Still getting used to driving her and all the cool functionality. She had about 11 miles when I get her and I put on 27 miles on her today. My avg fuel is 48.4 so far...so impressed since most of that was highway. When I figure her out driving wise I'm sure I'll be able to do better.

Not sure if I can ask here..but is there more to hondalink then what I see in my app? Seems like it connected to the app as soon as I plugged it into CarPlay, but doesn't seem to show any settings.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
Woot! Congrats on snagging a new Insight in the now "rare" White Orchid Pearl exterior. Hope you got a discount from the dealer, for telling them about the easter egg in the console.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
HondaLink will only update WHEN NOT plugged in to the USB port. I know, it's weird, but that's how it works for me. Just make sure your bluetooth is set up as that is how HondaLink updates.

I echo @insightfully's comment. Congratulations on your White Orchid Pearl. You and I have future collectibles! Additional kudos if you got the ivory interior!

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
So I picked up my Insight EX today. Love it so far. Got a great deal on her and so far she's a blast. Still getting used to driving her and all the cool functionality. She had about 11 miles when I get her and I put on 27 miles on her today. My avg fuel is 48.4 so far...so impressed since most of that was highway. When I figure her out driving wise I'm sure I'll be able to do better.

Not sure if I can ask here..but is there more to hondalink then what I see in my app? Seems like it connected to the app as soon as I plugged it into CarPlay, but doesn't seem to show any settings.
Congrats on your new Insight @spiderpig ! I guess you got approval from your wife and was anxious to start enjoying a new car. :smile_big: That's pretty close to the EPA Highway 49MPG, not bad. The Hondalink app is kind of glitchy (you probably noticed the poor reviews on the app store) but it should update when you're on bluetooth. Sometimes opening the HondaLink app on the Display Audio Screen(In-car tablet) and waiting a couple of seconds will update the HondaLink app on your phone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the wife reaction when she saw the car was "It's white and hideous". My oldest complained that it had a shark fin. My youngest daughter loves it. Of course when we went for a drive, wife complained of new car smell. But on our first drive to rehearsal at a theater about 6 miles away, got 52 mpg on the current drive showing. So she couldn't complain much. She also experienced her first rain yesterday...which was more of an issue for me since I wasn't used to the climate control functions yet.

So for the color, my wife has a black car, and I always tell her she's the Ying to my Yang (and yes, I know it's suppose to be Yin and Yang...but that's half the joke). So I figured my white car would be cool for that effect. Didn't realize the color was rare now. But I do have the ivory on the inside as well. So double rare woot!

Still getting used to her. But on the drive this morning I got 55.2 mpg using the current drive data. So super happy since it was about 16 miles highway and about 8 miles city.

Congrats on your new Insight @spiderpig ! I guess you got approval from your wife and was anxious to start enjoying a new car. :smile_big: That's pretty close to the EPA Highway 49MPG, not bad. The Hondalink app is kind of glitchy (you probably noticed the poor reviews on the app store) but it should update when you're on bluetooth. Sometimes opening the HondaLink app on the Display Audio Screen(In-car tablet) and waiting a couple of seconds will update the HondaLink app on your phone.

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
@spiderpig, I chose white for two reasons. Hopefully it will stay cooler in summer, and, from a few steps away, it always looks clean even when it's filthy (which is a rarity). I chose the ivory interior for the same reasons.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had black cars before and blue before. Color for me is the last consideration so picking a color was the last thing on my mind. The option the dealer has was black or white...so I choose white.

Btw, I'm in Telford, PA....not to far from Jersey...so we might need to have a Pearl White Meetup sometime.
@spiderpig, I chose white for two reasons. Hopefully it will stay cooler in summer, and, from a few steps away, it always looks clean even when it's filthy (which is a rarity). I chose the ivory interior for the same reasons.

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
I've had black cars before and blue before. Color for me is the last consideration so picking a color was the last thing on my mind. The option the dealer has was black or white...so I choose white.

Btw, I'm in Telford, PA....not to far from Jersey...so we might need to have a Pearl White Meetup sometime.
I'm in Phillipsburg - right on the border. Let me know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts