Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,804 Posts
@gerryzub - you nailed it. The issue happens when the iPhone is connected. I may be mistaken as to when I did the iOS15 update. The issue never happened before then, so I'll attribute it to that. If I unplug and plug it right back in, everything works again. I'll deal with the issue until Apple comes up with a fix now that I know how to quickly resolve it. Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
My infotainment unit completely wigged out on me today. Phone call came in on my phone but radio kept playing. CarPlay was not being used and the phone was not plugged in. I answered the phone manually with the handset but I could not turn the volume down on the radio in order to hear. None of the touch or hard buttons would work, including the Bluetooth steering wheel controls. I hung up, thinking the call was the problem but the radio refused to do anything. It wouldn’t even turn off! Then a minute later the screen turned black and it crashed and rebooted. Even after it rebooted, I had to force it to reconnect to my phone. It has never crashed this badly before. My car just passed 60k. Hopefully this was a rare event….

·
Registered
506 Posts
My infotainment unit completely wigged out on me today. Phone call came in on my phone but radio kept playing. CarPlay was not being used and the phone was not plugged in. I answered the phone manually with the handset but I could not turn the volume down on the radio in order to hear. None of the touch or hard buttons would work, including the Bluetooth steering wheel controls. I hung up, thinking the call was the problem but the radio refused to do anything. It wouldn’t even turn off! Then a minute later the screen turned black and it crashed and rebooted. Even after it rebooted, I had to force it to reconnect to my phone. It has never crashed this badly before. My car just passed 60k. Hopefully this was a rare event….
Just blame it on the solar storms.. and pray they don't affect the main computer haha.. Honestly - I have 88,000 now and have owned mine since Jan 2019. I have had random crashes - maybe enough to count on two hands barely. I also have a laptop that has been rock solid - but every once in a while something will throw it off as well. All it takes is the right particle from a cosmic ray to throw a computer off..

·
Registered
376 Posts
My radio is doing some new crazy stuff. I swear it’s possessed! Last night when I arrived home, I attempted to turn the volume down after jamming to a song but nothing happened. Turning the knob and using the steering wheel buttons did nothing. I shut the car off and the radio stayed on, even after opening the door. It finally shut off off on its own about 15 seconds after opening the door. Than today, I got a call while my phone was connected through Bluetooth. The screen showed the call coming in like normal and even responded to my finger when I touched “answer call” but instead the stereo continued playing the radio and my phone continued ringing. I had to pick my phone up, answer it manually and switch it back to phone because it was showing connected to Bluetooth. Honda should really be ashamed with the programming in this system. It is so full of bugs. Even with all these issues, it refuses to crash and reboot itself.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
751 Posts
My radio is doing some new crazy stuff. I swear it’s possessed! Last night when I arrived home, I attempted to turn the volume down after jamming to a song but nothing happened. Turning the knob and using the steering wheel buttons did nothing. I shut the car off and the radio stayed on, even after opening the door. It finally shut off off on its own about 15 seconds after opening the door. Than today, I got a call while my phone was connected through Bluetooth. The screen showed the call coming in like normal and even responded to my finger when I touched “answer call” but instead the stereo continued playing the radio and my phone continued ringing. I had to pick my phone up, answer it manually and switch it back to phone because it was showing connected to Bluetooth. Honda should really be ashamed with the programming in this system. It is so full of bugs. Even with all these issues, it refuses to crash and reboot itself.
When talking to a service manager at the dealer he agreed that Honda is generally always behind a lot of other car makers in programming and general electronic software reliability.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts