Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some interesting information relating to the infotainment system.

Both the Accord and Insight(EX & Touring) infotainment system are made by Panasonic. Also Honda can block future OTA updates on vehicles with pending recalls. :oops: The one below was from awhile back for the backup cam recall.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
I found some interesting information relating to the infotainment system.

Both the Accord and Insight(EX & Touring) infotainment system are made by Panasonic. Also Honda can block future OTA updates on vehicles with pending recalls. :oops: The one below was from awhile back for the backup cam recall.
Thanks for sharing. What's the source of the data? Wondering if there might be better info than the 'Astral' site for specs on the head unit - Adding hard drive/thumb drive for music?

Of the 2 part numbers listed above for the Insight, it looks like one is for the EX and the other is for the Touring. (At first glance, I thought maybe the 2021 model got a new/differnet part number.) And for some reason, the MSRP on the Touring part number is less than that for the EX.

Honda Part No.: 39540-TXM-A51 = MSRP $1746 = Insight EX
Honda Part No.: 39540-TXM-A81 = MSRP $1692 = Insight Touring

·
Registered
120 Posts
And for some reason, the MSRP on the Touring part number is less than that for the EX.

Honda Part No.: 39540-TXM-A51 = MSRP $1746 = Insight EX
Honda Part No.: 39540-TXM-A81 = MSRP $1692 = Insight Touring
Maybe the Touring sound system is actually worse than the EX o_O? It's possible - the audio quality in my 2019 Touring is really awful! Mind you I'm not saying it's defective, it's just that I expected so much better.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Maybe the Touring sound system is actually worse than the EX o_O? It's possible - the audio quality in my 2019 Touring is really awful! Mind you I'm not saying it's defective, it's just that I expected so much better.
I was thinking the head units were different on the Touring for Navigation, but I thought it would be the more expensive option.

The general consensus is that the EX system sounds better (or 'less worse'?) than the Touring system - Audio system in the Touring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts