Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of the internal processes of Android failed. Sometimes this causes the device to reboot. Usually, the Android system restarts the process itself. It is a pity that you cannot manually reboot the head unit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By android, do you mean a system internal to the car? Just curious as we have an iPhone connected via Apple play. No android phones in our household.

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
The infotainment system runs on Android. Panasonic is the manufacturer of the infotainment system for our Insight btw. That error shows up when one of the apps stop responding or crashes. I had the power flow app crash and seen that "has stopped" error once. In your situation, one of the Panasonic background apps stopped responding so Android force closed it. It will automatically start running again in the background I assume because my power flow app started working again after I touched ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
I had the power flow app crash and seen that "has stopped" error once.

Got the error for power flow again a week or so ago. Managed to take a picture of it this time. Power flow worked after hitting okay.

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
What's the system uptime on your infotainment unit? Any possible relation?
Somewhere around 2400 hours if I remember correctly. It's still going because I haven't had a full crash since the April update. 😄 My guess is that the apps can stop responding and the OS is doing it's job to force close it instead of a full reboot.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Somewhere around 2400 hours if I remember correctly. It's still going because I haven't had a full crash since the April update. 😄 My guess is that the apps can stop responding and the OS is doing it's job to force close it instead of a full reboot.
Since it's been ~5 months since April, wouldn't uptime be around ~3600 hours if crash hasn't occurred?

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Since it's been ~5 months since April, wouldn't uptime be around ~3600 hours if crash hasn't occurred?
It must've rebooted but I don't remember... :unsure: Currently at 2595 hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts