Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended the SF Auto Show at the Moscone Center last Saturday and was thoroughly disappointed how Honda displayed the Insight. It really appeared Honda didn't really want to show it off. The model on display was a Modern Steel Touring and it didn't get hardly any attention or interest AT ALL. Everyone was looking at all the other Honda Models, but NOT the Insight. For one thing they should have chosen a better color. Nothing against the Modern Steel, but it really looked dull and unattractive. It could of been the way they positioned the car or all the other better colored vehicles around it, but Honda just didn't do any justice to it. IMO to make the car stand out they should have displayed one in Crimson Pearl or the Agean Blue.

I did see one father and son look at the car so when the father got in the drivers seat I jumped into the passenger seat and said, "This is really a nice car, I have one!" and started to tell him about it. I think I got him sold on it because he said he'd have to check it out.

The CR-V Hybrid was really nice with specs of; Third-generation 2-mode hybrid system from the Accord Hybrid. That means a 143-horsepower 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC gas engine paired with an AC synchronous permanent magnet motor for a total system output of 212 hp and 232 lb-ft of torque.

So it's a 2L vs 1.5L, 212 hp vs 151, 232 lb-ft torque vs 197 - I'd like to drive it to see how it performs in comparison to the Insight. It's a given that fuel economy will suffer a bit due to the bigger engine and weight

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also ALL the other cars had power to them and the Insight had NONE!! Couldn't even see the beautiful tail lights and the bright front LED's and turn signals not to mention the instrument cluster.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Looks like Honda took a different approach at the recent Los Angeles Auto Show, even earning a reputation for 'Doubling Down On Auto Shows' while rival automakers are scaling back in this area. 70% of auto show attendees end up buying within 12 months, so Honda wants to capture their attention in person rather than through online formats. - https://www.autonews.com/marketing/honda-embraces-spotlight-rivals-back-away-auto-shows

The article's pictures show that at the LA show, Honda had a park-like 'living wall' of plants, a crash display, eco-friendly models, accessories, and even esports. The Honda Assistant VP for Public Relations even said "the concept was to be very bright and optimistic; You look around the rest of the hall, and it’s kind of dark and brooding. So, we literally wanted to be like a bright, shining beacon. The main focus of this is to give people an environment to shop for cars."

The Insight Touring trim was featured prominently next to the 'living wall' of the Honda logo, in Cosmic Blue exterior and ivory interior... and from the video below, it looks like the car had power supply (e.g. GPS display on infotainment).

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
The 2020 Insight Touring trim was video'd in Crimson Pearl at a recent Washington state auto show. No power to the car... but an eye catching color among the other cars displayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts