Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yesterday I pulled up behind a Gen3 Lunar silver Insight. I am sure it was an LX because the right side mirror did not have the lane watch camera. I believe this is only the fourth one I've seen since my EX purchase in May of 2019.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Saw one in Boston... Gen2 though... Every time I think I see one it's a freakin' Accord. I like to feel unique though :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve been looking for another Insight since I got one, but I have had a hard time finding one near me. Surprising since all the other cars I’ve had, I start to see them all the time.

I wouldn’t honk to get their attention though. Not sure that Insights have a cult following outside of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
2,629 Posts
Saw one in Boston... Gen2 though... Every time I think I see one it's a freakin' Accord. I like to feel unique though :)
That happened to me a lot when I first started looking for other Insights on the road. As you spot more Insights you will be able to differentiate from the Accord a lot easier. You shouldn't have trouble finding Insights in Boston. I don't drive much and I've seen about 2-3 per month last year in Boston. ;)

I’ve been looking for another Insight since I got one, but I have had a hard time finding one near me. Surprising since all the other cars I’ve had, I start to see them all the time.

I wouldn’t honk to get their attention though. Not sure that Insights have a cult following outside of this forum.
Yep, this is the first car I've owned where not many people own the same car as me. I actually love it since I find it fun to seek out another Insight and since Honda doesn't advertise this car people think it's some sort of next gen Civic.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Yep, this is the first car I've owned where not many people own the same car as me. I actually love it since I find it fun to seek out another Insight and since Honda doesn't advertise this car people think it's some sort of next gen Civic.
In theory, the Insight sells ~8% of what the Civic sells... so one should hope to see 1 Insight for every 12 Civics seen...?

·
Super Moderator
2,629 Posts
In theory, the Insight sells ~8% of what the Civic sells... so one should hope to see 1 Insight for every 12 Civics seen...?
Insight ownership could be heavily concentrated in a few areas which can affect your chance of seeing one.

·
Super Moderator
2,629 Posts
Saw a white touring Insight coming down the street while I was waiting to make a left turn earlier today.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Caught a glimpse of what I thought was another Insight in the area last week. Couldn't confirm as it was in opposing traffic and I caught it in my side mirror last second. Well, today I finally confirmed my first gen3 Insight sighting! And I got to park next to it! Too bad the owner of this Modern Steel EX/LX wasn't nearby to chat up. Still pretty excited I'm not the only Insight on Holloman AFB! Also, it's really hard to keep these beauties clean in NM with all the rain/snow/mud/dust we've got the past week, please excuse the both of us.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,629 Posts
Saw a Crystal Black Pearl Touring Insight as I was leaving Costco, today. Also on the way back home I noticed my local Honda dealership sold the 2020 Modern Steel EX they got in last month. They replaced it with a Crystal Black Insight in the same spot. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw my first Honda Insight today as I was leaving a mall. I just happened to have my iPhone on and near by to get a picture of the Insight before the light changed. This is the one time I was glad it was a long light.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Saw a white Insight as I drove past the Honda dealer 2 months ago. Saw it again today parked near a store.
Lots of times I think I see an Insight, but it turns out that its a new Civic.

Flew to LA last month. Saw lots and lots of new Civics, but only one Insight :)

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Spotted this Crystal Black Insight in my rear view mirror at a traffic light as it pulled up in the next lane on Tuesday.
I saw a Crystal Black Insight (LX/EX) earlier this week as well. We pulled alongside each other at a stop light, but played it cool... as though seeing another Insight was a common thing.

·
Super Moderator
2,629 Posts
I saw a Crystal Black Insight (LX/EX) earlier this week as well. We pulled alongside each other at a stop light, but played it cool... as though seeing another Insight was a common thing.
The other Insight didn't get a chance to pull up alongside me due to another car being there already. :sad:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Saw a white Insight as I drove past the Honda dealer 2 months ago. Saw it again today parked near a store.
Lots of times I think I see an Insight, but it turns out that its a new Civic.

Flew to LA last month. Saw lots and lots of new Civics, but only one Insight :)
In December I went the entire month without seeing a single 3rd gen insight. I do see 2nd gens daily. I will see a couple 1st gens each month.

I saw 1 white LX today. I saw a new Silver 2020 in San Diego last weekend (is that a new color?) In total I've seen about 5-6 this week. Which is more than typical, but the numbers are slowly increasing. I saw 2 1st gen NSX and 1 2nd gen NSX last week for comparison.

·
Super Moderator
2,629 Posts
In December I went the entire month without seeing a single 3rd gen insight. I do see 2nd gens daily. I will see a couple 1st gens each month.

I saw 1 white LX today. I saw a new Silver 2020 in San Diego last weekend (is that a new color?) In total I've seen about 5-6 this week. Which is more than typical, but the numbers are slowly increasing. I saw 2 1st gen NSX and 1 2nd gen NSX last week for comparison.
As of Jan. 31 2020, Honda has sold 37,629 3rd gen Honda Insights (1.5 years). The Civic on a good month like August 2019 can sell 34,808 units. So our Insights are still pretty rare on the roads. I've never seen a 1st gen Insight but I do see 2nd gen Insights sometimes. I'm still averaging 2 to 3 3rd gen Insights seen per month. The only new color for the 2020 Insight is the White Platinum Pearl which replaced the White Orchid Pearl from the 2019.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Lunar Silver has been around since launch, and several of us own it (and think it's better than WOP). :) It's the color Honda chose to highlight in the prototype marketing/launch.

281 - 300 of 321 Posts