Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
All Insights are produced at same US plant in Greensburg, IN, and look the same from exterior. It's just the interior features that differ by region; some of the differences are mentioned in this thread - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/258-2019-honda-insight-features-equipment/2670-canadian-honda-insight-has-rear-heated-seats.html

I kind of buy what Honda says re: India being a test location for temperature/traffic/road conditions, rather than India being a new launch place. The car is large and higher priced compared to other cars in India. If Honda was preparing to launch it in India, I think they'd be 'proud' to announce it (free press), rather than downplaying it as mentioned in the article quote.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
"TOKYO (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co (7267.T) slashed its annual profit and global sales outlook to a four-year low, citing a firmer yen and bleak business in both India and its main market of North America, even as it unveiled plans to buy back $915 million shares. [...] The company cut its outlook for global group auto sales to 4,975,000 vehicles, versus a previous forecast of 5,110,000, for the current financial year."

"The world’s No.4 auto market [India] has gone into a tailspin this year amid tight liquidity, high taxes and a weak rural economy. The Indian market is contracting at a very rapid rate," said Honda Executive Vice President Seiji Kuraishi. "I must say, we are struggling there."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-honda-results/honda-cuts-profit-sales-outlook-to-four-year-low-unveils-915-million-buyback-idUSKBN1XI0LX

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kind of buy what Honda says re: India being a test location for temperature/traffic/road conditions, rather than India being a new launch place. The car is large and higher priced compared to other cars in India. If Honda was preparing to launch it in India, I think they'd be 'proud' to announce it (free press), rather than downplaying it as mentioned in the article quote.
I must of missed that part when reading the article. :sad:

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
Look it's a baby Insight! :D
I wish Honda offered sedans this size in the US, without having to downgrade to a Fit. The size of the Honda City is akin to the size of prior generations of the Civic when it was a "true" compact car by EPA definition.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish Honda offered sedans this size in the US, without having to downgrade to a Fit. The size of the Honda City is akin to the size of prior generations of the Civic when it was a "true" compact car by EPA definition.
I don't buy small cars like the FIT because I get anxiety driving them on the highway surrounded by SUVs/Trucks. :( The Insight felt a little too wide for me at first but I think it's perfect now that I've adjusted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts