Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Insight has a battery saver feature that automatically turns off interior lights left on after about 10 minutes so it’s physically not possible to drain the battery in this way.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The Insight has a battery saver feature that automatically turns off interior lights left on after about 10 minutes so it’s physically not possible to drain the battery in this way.
I’ve left my front clicker lights on before. I am not sure whether it’s an EX/touring thing because I have an LX. Maybe it’s the fact that the car turns off the clicker light and then when I get back in the morning I turn on my car and it comes back on.

I’ll have to test it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I’ve left my front clicker lights on before. I am not sure whether it’s an EX/touring thing because I have an LX. Maybe it’s the fact that the car turns off the clicker light and then when I get back in the morning I turn on my car and it comes back on.

I’ll have to test it.
Looks like it works only if you lock your car afterwards. If you garage your car and set the walk away auto lock to off, it will stay on all night. I’ve done this 3 or 4 times but the AGM battery still checks out OK after over 100k miles.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
Looks like it works only if you lock your car afterwards. If you garage your car and set the walk away auto lock to off, it will stay on all night. I’ve done this 3 or 4 times but the AGM battery still checks out OK after over 100k miles.
You drive a lot so the AGM battery gets properly recharged. It's when the battery gets drained too much and all you do are short drives less than 30 minutes is when you'll have trouble.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I’ve literally sat in my car for hours with the car off and doors unlocked. After a certain amount of time (about 20 min or so), none of the interior lights will work. The door has to be physically opened in order to reenergize the lights. I can push the reading light, it doesn’t come on, but as soon as I open the door, it comes on even though the reading lights aren’t tied to the door on the LX/EX like they are in the Touring. Are you seeing the light on in your car in your garage BEFORE you unlock the car or open the door? Perhaps the LX doesn’t have the battery saver but I know for sure the EX/Touring has it.

Even the headlights will auto shut off if left in the on position once the car is left off for a certain period of time. Part of the battery saver feature.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I’ve literally sat in my car for hours with the car off and doors unlocked. After a certain amount of time (about 20 min or so), none of the interior lights will work. The door has to be physically opened in order to reenergize the lights. I can push the reading light, it doesn’t come on, but as soon as I open the door, it comes on even though the reading lights aren’t tied to the door on the LX/EX like they are in the Touring. Are you seeing the light on in your car in your garage BEFORE you unlock the car or open the door? Perhaps the LX doesn’t have the battery saver but I know for sure the EX/Touring has it.
you are probably right.. it’s just that when locking the doors, the lights turn off almost immediately. I didn’t wait to find out when closing door unlocked. But I do believe LX has it as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts