Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a blog page and videos on the 2019 Insight... and learned it was posted by one of our very own forum members, @safedad!

https://carseatblog.com/47989/2019-honda-insight-review-kids-carseats-safety/

The videos offer helpful perspective on rear seat/trunk space and camera views (LaneWatch, back-up), and I found the descriptions balanced and relevant even if you do/don't have car seats to place. If you haven't yet purchased a Gen3 Insight, check out the descriptive space assessments provided on the page.

The blog also awarded the 2019 Insight with an 'Editor's Pick' for safety and performance... so chalk up another win for the Insight! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks- it's a niche review category but hopefully it helps someone!

For anyone with small kids or teen drivers- I have some expertise in fitment of children's car seats and automotive safety features and should be able to answer questions pertaining to the Insight. I don't check daily, so please feel free to message me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
@safedad Oh wow, I definitely referenced your website while contemplating getting the insight. I was so surprised someone actually reviewed the car with car seats, since that was a main concern considering the car was based on the civic platform. It's actually quite roomy :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Glad it helped! The center seat issue in the Insight is fairly typical for compact sedans and CUVs. Fitting a carseat in the middle is often difficult, and will usually be very difficult or impossible to fit two adjacent carseats, 3-across carseats or two carseats plus a passenger in a seatbelt due to space restrictions.

The fixed head restraints are likely to be most problematic for some high-back boosters that are both too tall and also disallow a vehicle head restraint to push the booster forward in the owner's manual. Fortunately, the easy workaround is switch the booster to backless mode (if possible) or to simply buy an inexpensive backless booster for an older child.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts