Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2021 Insight and it has an annoying rattle around the A-Pillar area. Interestingly, I had some issues with it at 200 miles, and I dropped it off at the dealership. They gave me a loaner with 50 miles on it.........AND.....It has the SAME rattle in the same area.

Is the rattle coming from the end where it meets the windshield? You can take the A-pillar covers off and adjust the felt pad to see if that fixes the rattle. The felt pad isn't shown in the above video. I don't think the Civic ever got them but then again I'm not sure if Honda got rid of them on the 2021 Insights...

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2021 Insight and it has an annoying rattle around the A-Pillar area. Interestingly, I had some issues with it at 200 miles, and I dropped it off at the dealership. They gave me a loaner with 50 miles on it.........AND.....It has the SAME rattle in the same area.
Is the rattle coming from the end where it meets the windshield? You can take the A-pillar covers off and adjust the felt pad to see if that fixes the rattle. The felt pad isn't shown in the above video. I don't think the Civic ever got them but then again I'm not sure if Honda got rid of them on the 2021 Insights...
@LongbowDriver - hopefully will be a quick fix as @andrew28 shared.

For some additional commiseration (and/or to brace yourself as a new owner?), there is a recap above of potential vibration sources and in a more recent thread, posts on addressing A-pillar rattle, and quality of fit and finish.

For the most part, we owners love this car... but it has a few of these quirks like these that irritate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd say that I have a remaining colder weather rattle that is on the right side of the dash. Doesn't happen except when fall/winter comes...goes way spring (or when the car is really warmed up). I've had the dealer diagnose it, their next step was to order entire replacement from padded panel that goes above the glove box - which I wasn't interested in wasting that much material for a rattle. Thought it would be the climate vent louvers, or even the right defogging one, but no easy external source (I've had my wife drive while I hold down various places of the dash) so it seems to come from within.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am about to give up on rattles as after I find and fix one I just start noticing the next loudest one. Maybe if i just remove all the interior trim panels... I will break down and see what I can do about the door wind noise though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Two things I'm trying now after checking the A pillar cover which I had put padding on previously.
  • kickpanel that covers the 12V battery left of the passenger's leg. I've stuck a rolled up black envelope in there to see if that does anything (pictured in photo)
  • did notice a buzzing sound when I tapped on the dash on the far right side. That went away after toggling the right vent open/close dial.
This is after returning home on a relatively warm 60 deg day. Tomorrow slated to be warmer, so it may be a while until colder weather to get a true test if the rattle has been silenced.

UPDATE: Early signs driving out for scheduled maintenance looks good since this morning was still cold. Weekend dropping temps should confirm.

I'd say that I have a remaining colder weather rattle that is on the right side of the dash. Doesn't happen except when fall/winter comes...goes way spring (or when the car is really warmed up).

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts