Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,275 Posts
What issues are you having? The Touring doesn't exactly have intermittent wipers like the lower trims but a rain sensor where you can adjust the sensitivity to rain.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have mentioned this behaviour in a previous post. On my 2019 Touring Canadian model, the rain sensing feature works as expected until I come to a complete stop in traffic. Once I start up again the wipers start to operate in high speed mode until I shut them off. After that I can go into automatic mode once again until I come to another full stop. The trick is to avoid coming to a complete stop :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the same issue - sort of. On automatic with it turned to the very lowest setting it seems to start off the way it is supposed to but then it acts like a normal wiper even when there is very little rain. Sometimes it goes into high speed mode while driving and I have to turn them off and on again. Can’t say I have ever had them go into high speed mode after coming to a stop and starting again.
since we are on the subject of wipers, I need to replace my blades. Just wondering what people are buying— OEM replacements of something of similar or better quality?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, the rain sensing wipers on the touring are kinda... wonky. Sometimes works, sometimes goes way too slow, sometimes way too fast, sometimes goes when there is no rain! I do find that turning them off and back on does seem to help for a while. I was hopeful that there would be an update that fixed it but haven't seen it yet. (Previously had rain sensing on a 2008 Saab that worked perfectly, so the technology is there.) Replaced our blades with good ones from auto parts store - work better and last longer than OEM.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight Touring
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the rain sensing wipers on the touring are kinda... wonky. Sometimes works, sometimes goes way too slow, sometimes way too fast, sometimes goes when there is no rain! I do find that turning them off and back on does seem to help for a while. I was hopeful that there would be an update that fixed it but haven't seen it yet. (Previously had rain sensing on a 2008 Saab that worked perfectly, so the technology is there.) Replaced our blades with good ones from auto parts store - work better and last longer than OEM.
[/QUOTE
I didnt real

1 - 6 of 6 Posts