Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple CarPlay remains hampered by not being able to deliver at least nav information to the Driver Information Interface and I don't think it's going to change with an iOS update. But it is interesting to see that Honda has committed to partnering in development so that CarPlay can access more than just one screen. I guess the Honda/Sony project will continue along side as well as integration with Android.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,245 Posts
Apple CarPlay remains hampered by not being able to deliver at least nav information to the Driver Information Interface and I don't think it's going to change with an iOS update.
CarPlay does support nav info in HUDs and digital displays behind the steering wheel in other vehicles. It's been restricted to Apple Maps since iOS 14 but iOS 16 will bring 3rd party app support for nav info in secondary displays. Honda would need to update our infotainment system software to support this functionality but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
CarPlay does support nav info in HUDs and digital displays behind the steering wheel in other vehicles. It's been restricted to Apple Maps since iOS 14 but iOS 16 will bring 3rd party app support for nav info in secondary displays. Honda would need to update our infotainment system software to support this functionality but it doesn't seem likely at this point.
Thanks @andrew28 for the clarification that the culprit is Honda infotainment here. It's really too bad that they couldn't at least achieve parity with Android Auto support in the DII. Our best shot at that was mid-gen refresh (low on the ladder for impact on boosting sales, more for after-purchase satisfaction). I would have to assume this is the same across all Hondas of the generation, but would wonder if it includes the current 11th Civic (and other models) of the new generation.

Hmm unclear through Honda Info Center - all their 2022 models, including Insight suggest that Apple CarPlay info is displayed through DII, but maybe it's referring to audio/music rather than navigation.

Reactions: andrew28
1 - 3 of 3 Posts