Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring Crystal Black Pearl / Mocha
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, trying to make sure my middle seat belt is working to install a car seat.

See photos below, that's all I can do, it seems wrong.

I feel like to make it right, from the bottom photo, I would need to bring the top side of the belt on top of the seat but I cannot because of the car seat hinges.

But maybe my brain is cheese because of the heat. Help please?

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Hand Vehicle Automotive design Gesture Finger

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,253 Posts
Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle Plant

Shouldn't your middle seat belt be resting on your seat as you fold it down? Your first picture shows the full seat belt even though your seat is folded down...

Font Parallel Elbow Triangle Paper

Rectangle Font Parallel Paper Pattern

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Paper

Gesture Font Rectangle Brand Pattern

Maybe this will help?

·
Registered
2019 Touring Crystal Black Pearl / Mocha
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey andrew thank you, yes I agree with tou, something is not quite right. I'm not even worrying about the baby car seat for now, just the seat belt is not working as intended... I don't think I ever had 5 people in my car... could it be a factory defect...? Or maybe they removed the seat during the fuel pump replacement and messed up the belt?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,253 Posts
hey andrew thank you, yes I agree with tou, something is not quite right. I'm not even worrying about the baby car seat for now, just the seat belt is not working as intended... I don't think I ever had 5 people in my car... could it be a factory defect...? Or maybe they removed the seat during the fuel pump replacement and messed up the belt?
Either way seat belts are covered under warranty for 15 years/150k miles. I'm not sure how your vehicle passed the MA state inspection, with your rear middle seat belt hidden, when the seats are locked in the normal position.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Try to pull out the belt as far as it will go and than maneuver it over the backrest and hold in place as you fold the seat back up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wonder if your missing seat belt managed to find its way into the high voltage battery compartment under the rear seat. This would still warrant a visit to the dealer on the off chance that something shorts out when the rear seat is unlatched and lifted.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't think I can because of the seats hinges.
Your right. I just looked closely at it. The hinges are blocking you from correcting it. Most likely the dealer screwed it up when they removed the seat for the recall.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts