Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with both USB ports and connecting my iPhone. I use a short lightning cable to connect my iPhone to Apple Carplay. The iPhone often disconnects from Apple Carplay. At the point where the USB end goes into the port on the Honda (EX), I notice the connection is loose and it jiggles a little side to side. I’ve tried three different USB lightning cables, one of them from Apple. All of them are a little loose where the connection is to the car. Anybody else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started this thread several weeks ago and now I realize the issue for me was with my iPhone X. Ten days ago I upgraded my iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro and no more problems. I'm almost certain that it was due to some debris inside the iPhone X not allowing it to make a good connection with the lightning cable. Although I tried cleaning it inside, I didn't do a good enough job. Now it's working perfectly with my iPhone 11 Pro.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
I started this thread several weeks ago and now I realize the issue for me was with my iPhone X. Ten days ago I upgraded my iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro and no more problems. I'm almost certain that it was due to some debris inside the iPhone X not allowing it to make a good connection with the lightning cable. Although I tried cleaning it inside, I didn't do a good enough job. Now it's working perfectly with my iPhone 11 Pro.
Glad to hear your issue is resolved. CNet suggests toothpicks and compressed air (after backing up and with power off) to keep the charging port debris-free ongoing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts