Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing an Insight touring model. I love the ivory leather but I wonder how it will hold up over long term use.

I looked at a used car with light colored leather and it had a blue tint from the previous owner's jeans.

Thoughts? I am not a big fan of the black but want something that will look great down the line.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
I am looking at purchasing an Insight touring model. I love the ivory leather but I wonder how it will hold up over long term use.

I looked at a used car with light colored leather and it had a blue tint from the previous owner's jeans.

Thoughts? I am not a big fan of the black but want something that will look great down the line.
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/7-2019-honda-insight-general-discussion/464-colors-decisions-decisions-white-interior-4.html
^This discussion thread should help you out. :smile:

·
Registered
642 Posts

Thoughts? I am not a big fan of the black but want something that will look great down the line.[/QUOTE

I think they're beautiful ,but, I would recommend you look into a seat cover depending on the quality and color of clothing you wear. I wear cheap black pants and after a week of driving in the car the leather had a bluish tint in certain areas from dye transfer from my pants. The discoloration cleaned off easily with leather cleaner.

Reminds me of something. Are there any touring owners who live near annaheim California? I'm hoping to beg someone into going to coverking so they can measure your seats so I can get some seat covers made. They have covers for ex and lx owners but none for touring since they have electric seats. If not has anyone found custom seat covers for the insight touring?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Verdier

Thank you for the feedback and for the great YouTube videos. I'm still debating an Insight so you have been great with sharing information as an actual owner.

I'm coming out of a Jeep Wrangler with a lift and big tires so I'm thrilled to improve upon my 15 mpg!

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Thank you for the feedback and for the great YouTube videos. I'm still debating an Insight so you have been great with sharing information as an actual owner.

I'm coming out of a Jeep Wrangler with a lift and big tires so I'm thrilled to improve upon my 15 mpg!
Gas pricing has been shooting up quickly the past week. In Boston, the average($2.80) has shot up 20 cents per gallon compared to what it was last week($2.60). I'm more confident that I made the right decision choosing the Insight now even though fuel economy was not a priority when I was looking for my next car. Good luck with your car shopping!

·
Registered
642 Posts

You're very welcome. If you have any requests or need any more info feel free to reach me here or at [email protected]. Anything I don't know I'm sure the guys here will know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts