Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Also sharing article link to Honda's recap of January 2020 - https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-corporate/releases/release-6339a8c1466fa77f7edcbf4d0f001e73-honda-trucks-set-records-acura-cars-rise-for-american-honda-in-january

SUV/Truck sales grew in January, and Honda expects the CR-V Hybrid launch next month to further bolster sales in the truck and 'electrified' sub-categories.

Electrified vehicle sales were down (-28%) versus January 2019, led by the Clarity (-63%). The Insight was 'only' down 19% versus same period.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I'm curious how well the CRV Hybrid will do. Part of me is a little worry about the fuel economy numbers because the same powertrain in the Accord Hybrid doesn't exactly achieve the advertised mpg numbers according to owners.

https://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord-hybrid/2019/consumer-reviews/
Dang - the Accord Hybrid is 'only' rated at 3.8/5.0 stars by Edmunds reviewers/consumers and its Accord counterpart rated 4.1/5.0. The Insight is better rated by consumers than both of those at 4.3/5.0 stars.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm curious with the January figures how many were 2019 and how many were 2020 Insights.
Anybody know if those figures are broken down anywhere?

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I'm curious with the January figures how many were 2019 and how many were 2020 Insights.
Anybody know if those figures are broken down anywhere?
I'm sure it exists 'internally' to Honda, but that detail isn't broken out in the numbers Honda publishes to the public. For the public reports, Honda tracks 'any' year sold for the model in the month it was sold.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So when will the February sales figures be out? Also, have seen plenty of Honda commercials on the tube recently, but only for the Civic and
HRV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts