Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the japanese spoiler by Honda there are two tabs on each side with the rest of the spoiler held by 3m. Obviously, our trunk lids don't come stock with 4 holes. These don't really seem to do much other than help someone in a factory line up the spoiler easier. If these were deemed off do you think the 3m would hold it down alright? Im assuming so, but wanted to confirm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply. Not a fan of the American spoiler, myself. Was hoping the Japanese one would be ok with just 3m tape as it's not really a traditional spoiler, it's like a flat ducktail spoiler if anything... more of a continuation of the line of the trunk to hang off the bumper.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight Ex White
13 Posts
Please check out my post about the Jdm spoiler. I wouldn’t trust it though. I know some aftermarket eBay spoilers only come with the 3m tape but the Jdm spoiler does have some weight and I don’t think the adhesive would work long term.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Pity. I just dont want to drill into the lid. And I have no idea how id install those clips.Ah well, I can live without it. Just wish the American spoiler didn't look like a double decker hamburger. Just looks awkward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts