Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this interesting Japanese Honda Insight vs Toyota Camry CMBS testing done by Japan's version of the NHTSA. From what I can tell they tested pedestrian collision detection at different speeds during day/night, what happens when you let go of the brake with a vehicle in front of you, and road departure correction when hands off the wheel.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's the tests that I've been wanting to see.. Pretty neat.. Now I know for a fact thought that if I accidentally let off the brake I WILL roll into the car in front of me.. The other collision mitigation tests are pretty amazing though (except for the fact we can back into things lol).

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's the tests that I've been wanting to see.. Pretty neat.. Now I know for a fact thought that if I accidentally let off the brake I WILL roll into the car in front of me.. The other collision mitigation tests are pretty amazing though (except for the fact we can back into things lol).
I just want to add that the Japanese Honda Insight has rear sensors standard for the blindspot alerts and object detection when reversing. The Toyota Camry appears to have a more advanced collision mitigation system because both forward & reverse tests show the driver letting go of the brake then stepping on the gas pedal while the Honda Insight displayed alerts only. I think I would prefer alerts only because if it's a false positive stepping on the gas pedal won't work...

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's another video showing the Japanese Insight vs the Mazda 6 with an additional night test where they had a pedestrian walk out right after a parked car with headlights on from the opposite direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts