Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of you have seen this, but apparently good news on the sales front for the car. In its first full month of sale, the Insight seems to have surpassed expectations -- with nearly 2,000 cars sold. I had read a couple months ago that Honda had initially been expecting some 20,000 in its first year to be sold. So with minimal marketing and the first month done, having nearly 2,000 sounds like a promising start.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/american-honda-reports-july-sales-results-300690261.html

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thats a good launch! I read somewhere that they won’t be making any in August due to flooding in Mexico. It caused an interruption in manufacturing of an engine part.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats a good launch! I read somewhere that they won’t be making any in August due to flooding in Mexico. It caused an interruption in manufacturing of an engine part.
The original dealership I test drove from emailed a week after my last communication with them saying they might get a car in but don’t know when. And informed me of the delays.

I wrote back saying that it was a good thing I already bought the car last week (instead of waiting for you...which I didn’t say)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts