Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading much on this forum for a while, thinking about getting an Insight. My wife and I pulled the trigger today and got a 2022 Insight EX, Cosmic Blue Metallic. Looking forward to enjoying it for years to come!

I may ask some questions and even chip in some answers (once I learn something). I am about to turn 65 and think this may be our last car purchase. We have a 2003 Honda Odyssey, with about 260,000 miles on it, and we will keep it until it dies. The gas mileage on that Odyssey is about 17 mpg! The experience with the Insight should be quite different!

BTW, there was an Insight Gen 2 in the showroom at the dealership, with 43,000 miles on it. My wife stepped away from the desk for a moment and when she returned I said the salesman threw in the Gen 2 to sweeten the deal lol.

Here are pics of our new Instight and the Gen 2 Insight.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,643 Posts
The other Insight is a Gen 1! Looks to be in great shape too! Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
I can't believe you got a Gen 1 Insight in such great condition along with your Gen 3, congrats! :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Get that gen 1 in perfect operating condition then park it in a warm garage for 10 years. By that time it could worth a fortune on the classic car market !!!

My wife had a '06 gen 1, that's what I told her, but she didn't listen to me and sold it at a round 120k because the HV battery was getting weak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We looked over the Gen 1 Insight and the 3 or 4 other older Hondas in the showroom. They were all in great looking shape. The owner of those cars (the salesman said it was the dealership owner who owns those cars) took great care of them. I imagine they are in perfect operating condition. I wasn't expecting to see a Gen 1 Insight there, when we went to buy our Gen 3! Kinda cool happenstance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hiro
No you don't!!!!!

JHS
You'll be getting a bit, just a bit better mileage out of your Insight!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats jhs123! We have the same car, albeit 2019, and have thoroughly enjoyed it for a little over two years. Routinely get ~55MPG or better (I leave it in eco mode). We also have an Odyssey, 2005 EX-L with 144k. With the kids almost gone, we‘ll probably look at downsizing to a Hybrid CR-V. For now, you can’t beat the Odyssey for trips (even when it’s just the two of us) and hauling.🙂

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading much on this forum for a while, thinking about getting an Insight. My wife and I pulled the trigger today and got a 2022 Insight EX, Cosmic Blue Metallic. Looking forward to enjoying it for years to come!

I may ask some questions and even chip in some answers (once I learn something). I am about to turn 65 and think this may be our last car purchase. We have a 2003 Honda Odyssey, with about 260,000 miles on it, and we will keep it until it dies. The gas mileage on that Odyssey is about 17 mpg! The experience with the Insight should be quite different!

BTW, there was an Insight Gen 2 in the showroom at the dealership, with 43,000 miles on it. My wife stepped away from the desk for a moment and when she returned I said the salesman threw in the Gen 2 to sweeten the deal lol.

Here are pics of our new Instight and the Gen 2 Insight.

View attachment 6978

View attachment 6979

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations we’ve had every Insight since GEN1, GEN 2 and the current 2021. I know why they gave it to you, we have a friend who has a GEN 1 and parts are impossible to find and the battery is not even made anymore. You’re gonna have to get parts around the country from salvage yards or archive parts dealers which they want arms and legs for parts. Also I understand now they are companies that rebuild hybrid batteries, I kind of like the Gen 1 unique.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Congratulations we’ve had every Insight since GEN1, GEN 2 and the current 2021. I know why they gave it to you, we have a friend who has a GEN 1 and parts are impossible to find and the battery is not even made anymore. You’re gonna have to get parts around the country from salvage yards or archive parts dealers which they want arms and legs for parts. Also I understand now they are companies that rebuild hybrid batteries, I kind of like the Gen 1 unique.
Consider the history, the technical history, of the automobile. The Gen 1 is becoming classic!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts