Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video is a little generic (i.e. vlogger posted same video for multiple Honda models) but provides illustration on how to replace the fob battery if it dies. Reprogramming of the fob should not be needed since it never technically 'dies' (i.e. always has/sends a transponder signal).

·
Registered
2019 Touring Crystal Black Pearl / Mocha
347 Posts
This video is a little generic (i.e. vlogger posted same video for multiple Honda models) but provides illustration on how to replace the fob battery if it dies. Reprogramming of the fob should not be needed since it never technically 'dies' (i.e. always has/sends a transponder signal).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccg1sgrglao
CR 2032 is the right battery though?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for the video, Insightfully!
One can get a duracell cr2032 for less than the Maxell battery, I'm sure!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,907 Posts
Got my first keyfob low battery warning earlier tonight. I took the battery from keyfob2 to replace keyfob1 since nobody else drives my Insight. Original battery lasted about 2 years.

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my first keyfob low battery warning earlier tonight. I took the battery from keyfob2 to replace keyfob1 since nobody else drives my Insight. Original battery lasted about 2 years.
Just curious... but why not just use key fob #2 directly instead of swapping battery?

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone suggest the best battery for the insight 2019 Key?
Overall, the CR 2032 battery is the correct size/spec for key fob battery replacement. I think of batteries as a commodity (vs proprietary) and overall I stick with Duracell or Energizer brands as they've been reliable and long-lasting for a variety of different consumer battery types and uses. Honda sells an OEM battery, but they certainly don't manufacture it themselves; Maxell brand is stamped on the OEM fob battery, so that's another brand option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts