Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EX and currently within the last hour, my keyless entry push start system is acting up. Keyless entry works ok, but doesn’t know I’m in the car or something. I’ve placed the fob everywhere in the car to try to start it. The fob battery is fine the car is only three months old. It told me however to hold next to the start button. Nothing happened. I kept messing with it and suddenly I heard beeping like when you walk out of the car while it’s running. Car wasn’t running (I was in it with the fob). Finally randomly it decided to start.

Outside of the car, I can remote start it - I can do this from quite a distance (if battery was dead I would think it wouldn’t work very far).

Anyways - hoping someone has had this issue or maybe knows something I missed in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,046 Posts
I have an EX and currently within the last hour, my keyless entry push start system is acting up. Keyless entry works ok, but doesn’t know I’m in the car or something. I’ve placed the fob everywhere in the car to try to start it. The fob battery is fine the car is only three months old. It told me however to hold next to the start button. Nothing happened. I kept messing with it and suddenly I heard beeping like when you walk out of the car while it’s running. Car wasn’t running (I was in it with the fob). Finally randomly it decided to start.

Outside of the car, I can remote start it - I can do this from quite a distance (if battery was dead I would think it wouldn’t work very far).

Anyways - hoping someone has had this issue or maybe knows something I missed in the manual.
I haven't experience this yet... Have you try the 2nd key fob to see if you're experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Silly question, was the second key fob in the vehicle? Were you and the car in a new location? Maybe there was some kind of electrical interference. Are you sure you turned it off when you got out?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
None of the above. Was just getting gas and it got confused I guess. Went to the store to pick some stuff up and hoped like **** it would be ok and it was. Not sure what that was about but it’s the first time I felt helpless in a car in a very long time. Almost called Honda roadside assistance. Tried it one more time before I posted this and she’s ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Just had the power button acting up on my EX. I kept pushing the power button. Nothing happens. First I thought I forgot the key fob but thought to myself I was able to get in the car. I then hit the lock button on the fob and the power button worked properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts