Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
FWIW, the Honda tech that worked on my car to fix the brake creaking sound told me what @Min Pin 's video shows the rear wheels doing is normal including that sound. My Insight still does that sound in the rear wheels even though the brake creak/groaning sound is gone.

I think this explains @Min Pin's video and matches what the Honda Tech told me about it being normal.

My car did the same high pitch creak that's on the video on Monday. But it was the front wheels. I figure that it was because of all the salt on the roads (long drive to NH). It's now gone.

2020 EX, 7,600k miles
Anyone experience this?
I notice it when I am slowly reversing , and turning wheels, to back into my driveway - I'm also applying brakes when needed. A relatively loud "clunk" sound from somewhere under the car...Calipers, front end, I don't know, but since car is usually EV mode, it's very noticeable and makes me concerned. I'm going in today to get that new software update recall, so I'll mention it - but I bet they don't do anything, or just say they can't re-create noise. I hear it almost every time backing into driveway. Anyone?

Dealer said electric brake servo noise, yet advisor said mechanic didn't hear anything... so....that's not great...I hear it all the time. Not too concerned, but at least there's a record of me taking it in for them to try to find the issue.

Text White Line Font Number

I get that noise too.. oddly , I also had it on my 2000 Civic Si coupe when I had it but not my 2003 s2000.

I also had a 2010 Prius that did not have that issue.

Knock when accelerating from a stop

I have a single knock/clunk from in front of the driver area when starting out from a stop accelerating normally. It will not make the noise if I accelerate slowly. It is not tied to the engine turning on and can be felt and heard through the floor/brake pedal area. Brakes never make noise it is only accelerating. The car has 5k miles and is an ex.
Any updates?

Like it or not, this is most likely all you will get from Honda.
"If your customer isn't buying it..."

Haha. While I agree this is possible when changing direction of travel, I think the aforementioned problem is more than that.

"If your customer isn't buying it..."

Haha. While I agree this is possible when changing direction of travel, I think the aforementioned problem is more than that.
Same, I think @pasei is experiencing something different from brake click which should only happen when changing direction of travel. I tested my Insight in EV mode with hard acceleration and didn't hear any knock/clunk noise.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.