Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lurking the accord forum and noticed this post about key modding. I originally thought all recent Honda vehicles had the same key fob design with the blue back cover to reflect Honda's corporate company color. Did some research and learned the following...

• Regular gas cars get a black cover
  • Clarity, Accord Hybrid, and Insight get a blue cover
  • Type-R gets a black cover with red honda emblem
I love these small little things that Honda sneaks in that I'm still discovering about.:smile:

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
For some reason, both Honda and Toyota sales people made a point of mentioning to me "blue" accents that distinguish their hybrid lines from traditional lines. (...as if blue color accent would tip my hand to buy a hybrid from them?) Electrified Hondas have the front grille "blue stripe" and blue key fob, as you mentioned. Electrified Toyotas get a blue accent circling their front and rear logos. Honda's execution is much more tasteful than Toyota, per usual. "Blue is the new green" as one sales person said...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was lurking the accord forum and noticed this post about key modding. I originally thought all recent Honda vehicles had the same key fob design with the blue back cover to reflect Honda's corporate company color. Did some research and learned the following...

• Regular gas cars get a black cover
  • Clarity, Accord Hybrid, and Insight get a blue cover
  • Type-R gets a black cover with red honda emblem
I love these small little things that Honda sneaks in that I'm still discovering about.:smile:
I'm happy they did it for sure! It's the easiest "quick-glance" way I can differentiate between the Ody fob and the Insight fob. The Ody fob has 7 total buttons on it though, whereas the Insight only has 5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts