Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lurking the accord forum and noticed this post about key modding. I originally thought all recent Honda vehicles had the same key fob design with the blue back cover to reflect Honda's corporate company color. Did some research and learned the following...

• Regular gas cars get a black cover
  • Clarity, Accord Hybrid, and Insight get a blue cover
  • Type-R gets a black cover with red honda emblem
I love these small little things that Honda sneaks in that I'm still discovering about.:smile:

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
For some reason, both Honda and Toyota sales people made a point of mentioning to me "blue" accents that distinguish their hybrid lines from traditional lines. (...as if blue color accent would tip my hand to buy a hybrid from them?) Electrified Hondas have the front grille "blue stripe" and blue key fob, as you mentioned. Electrified Toyotas get a blue accent circling their front and rear logos. Honda's execution is much more tasteful than Toyota, per usual. "Blue is the new green" as one sales person said...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Never would have known that. I like the blue color on the fob but I barely notice it on the front grille. I do notice it on the Hybrid logo at the rear of the car. Blue is much more to my liking than green, and the Insight also seems so understated alongside most toys of the green-tech elite--it doesn't qualify for the EV financial incentives or commuter lane sticker where I live, and that's cool with me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Never would have known that. I like the blue color on the fob but I barely notice it on the front grille. I do notice it on the Hybrid logo at the rear of the car. Blue is much more to my liking than green, and the Insight also seems so understated alongside most toys of the green-tech elite--it doesn't qualify for the EV financial incentives or commuter lane sticker where I live, and that's cool with me.
I like the fact it just blends in and that you have to appreciate the design of the car while looking it at a certain angle to see it. Owned the car for 4 months and only noticed it when detailing the car a few days ago. I agree that the car looking normal is a benefit and doesn't need any special incentive just like any other normal car. Boston's Logan Airport does offer special parking for hybrid cars so now I don't have to walk far from the terminal entrance. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was lurking the accord forum and noticed this post about key modding. I originally thought all recent Honda vehicles had the same key fob design with the blue back cover to reflect Honda's corporate company color. Did some research and learned the following...

• Regular gas cars get a black cover
  • Clarity, Accord Hybrid, and Insight get a blue cover
  • Type-R gets a black cover with red honda emblem
I love these small little things that Honda sneaks in that I'm still discovering about.:smile:
I'm happy they did it for sure! It's the easiest "quick-glance" way I can differentiate between the Ody fob and the Insight fob. The Ody fob has 7 total buttons on it though, whereas the Insight only has 5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts