Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 ex and I want to add a complete new sound system without replacing the headunit. I know I’m going to run an AC DQ-61 dsp but I’ve found some conflicting things about drawing more than 30 amps from the subsequent amplifiers(I’m thinking my system I want to put in will have 90 amps of draw). Does anyone have any experience with this many or even more pull from the battery? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
I have a 2019 ex and I want to add a complete new sound system without replacing the headunit. I know I’m going to run an AC DQ-61 dsp but I’ve found some conflicting things about drawing more than 30 amps from the subsequent amplifiers(I’m thinking my system I want to put in will have 90 amps of draw). Does anyone have any experience with this many or even more pull from the battery? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. We have some great audio resources within the forum like @Verdier who can offer input.

So far, posts on upgrading the system without replacing the head unit have mostly been from Touring owners:
- Stereo Upgrade - Metra Axxess AX DSPX HN3 Amp Bypass DSP
- Stereo Upgrade - JL Audio 10" self powered...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. We have some great audio resources within the forum like @Verdier who can offer input.

So far, posts on upgrading the system without replacing the head unit have mostly been from Touring owners:
Thank you thank you! And I’ve been in contact with him for about a week now, was just seeing who else has done it or if he has a one off car.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
730 Posts
Thank you thank you! And I’ve been in contact with him for about a week now, was just seeing who else has done it or if he has a one off car.
Since you're using the LX series you might need to do some different wiring. The Touring I have uses Multiple 30 amp hookups for the premium stereo so my upgrade went smoothly. I would recommend you talk to a pro and hire them for the wiring info for your car then you can Beer your other buddy for the main install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts