Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying for two weeks to discover the 2019 Infotainment Service menu, and I finally got hit the right combination. If you hold the POWER-Previous Track-HOME keys for 5 seconds, you will hear a beet and then release all three buttons. You will be presented with the following options (see attached images.) I have captured a handful of menus to tease your appetite for fun. Unfortunately, there is no DSP reset option to remove the horrific equalization curve being applied to the audio system. If anyone discovers this, or knows how to deal with it, PLEASE share your findings.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool!, Thanks for sharing the find. This menu helped me realize why my GPS isn't working, apparently my GPS and XM antennas are not connected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to Help

That stinks. Your car must have been built on a Friday at around 4:30pm :grin:

Hope they can get that corrected for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice find. I wonder if a can fix the lane centering on my Insight. It heavily favors the center line on highways. So much so that is has gone over the line more than once.

·
Registered
143 Posts
To add to this. If you hold Home while on some of these screens for >4 secs an additional more detailed menu will load. I was even able to toggle the rear view camera and leave it on and there is a screen which displays RPM. Some others indicate status of systems 0=off, 1=on, etc. More interestingly, I was able to find a screen which implies that you can spoof a VIN.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's great. More stuff.

I held down the HOME button from the main menu of the Diagnostics menu and was presented with many more options. One of the options labeled "Audio Settings" gives you access to a single toggle control labeled "PS Setting".

I thought it might stand for "Powered Subwoofer" (since that's the only audio term I can think of that could stand for "PS"), but turning it on and off had no effect on the subwoofer output; so that was a dead end.

Does anybody have an idea what it could be for? My goal in all of this was to find a way to deactivate the factory equalization of the audio system. I think the way they have crafted the EQ curve is abysmal and makes music borderline unlistenable.

Thanks everyone in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
I held down the HOME button from the main menu of the Diagnostics menu and was presented with many more options. One of the options labeled "Audio Settings" gives you access to a single toggle control labeled "PS Setting".

I thought it might stand for "Powered Subwoofer" (since that's the only audio term I can think of that could stand for "PS"), but turning it on and off had no effect on the subwoofer output; so that was a dead end.

Does anybody have an idea what it could be for? My goal in all of this was to find a way to deactivate the factory equalization of the audio system. I think the way they have crafted the EQ curve is abysmal and makes music borderline unlistenable.

Audio related guesses = Premium Sound? Personalized Settings? This older Accord forum post similarly mentions that the "PS Setting" doesn't seem to have any effect in the diagnostics menu.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Parking Sensor? It's an optional accessory.

·
Registered
554 Posts

Parking Sensor? It's an optional accessory.
Yup. And it's a bit pricey. You'll pay about $1000 to $1200 installed. I love them though, very useful if you have a crowded garage. 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have successfully opened up Developer Mode and accesses 2 hidden menus. However at the point of attempting to disable restrictions by following the various other methods for other Honda vehicles I get the SoC error. Is anyone here a Honda tech or familiar with Android devices that could shed some light on how to disable restrictions to gain access to the wed browser?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts