Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined. I wanted to put on window deflectors. With my previous car 2006 Civic (225,000 miles) I got them from WeatherTech and I liked that they fit in the window slot instead of taped to the outside. Does anyone know if the 2019 Civic has the same window shape as the Insight. I have seen a few posts where people have gotten civic accessories and they fit. I have had a hard time finding info from my web searches. Thanks in Advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Hi, just joined. I wanted to put on window deflectors. With my previous car 2006 Civic (225,000 miles) I got them from WeatherTech and I liked that they fit in the window slot instead of taped to the outside. Does anyone know if the 2019 Civic has the same window shape as the Insight. I have seen a few posts where people have gotten civic accessories and they fit. I have had a hard time finding info from my web searches. Thanks in Advance!
I'm not certain if the windows are the same size as the Civic even though the Insight is built on the Civic platform. Just want to give you a heads up about making sure the deflector is not deflected onto the camera housing near the top of the front windshield.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Since you mention window deflector and slot/outside, it sounds like you're referring to WeatherTech's in-channel attachments that sit at the top of the side door windows. It looks like WeatherTech doesn't list this side window deflector for the Insight (yet), which is probably why you're asking the question about part interchangeability with the Civic. :)

When you ignore the front/rear end and tires, the profile of the two cars look so similar they're hard to tell apart (attached) - same top arch and notch size/location on rear passenger doors. Also, this online part store lists the OEM door/window visor as the same part number for both the GenX Civic and Gen3 Insight, so I think that's a good sign that the aftermarket version will also be interchangeable.

If you're not feeling confident in this guesstimate recommendation, an option would be to head to the dealer and measure. I'm sure they'd love to see you. ;) I measured/compared the Civic and Insight seats and trunk at the dealer to ensure that Civic OEM rear seat cover and Civic OEM trunk tray would fit the Insight. I found the measurements between the cars nearly identical (small differences - due to my measuring?), which leads me to believe you'll find the door/window specs the same on both cars as well.

Good luck with the search! Keep us posted on what you learn and/or how it turns out.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I was talking about the side window deflectors (door visors) but the info on putting the sun shade in the windshield is kinda freaking me out!:surprise:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts