Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On D2 lowering springs 1.7” drop on the front and 1.9” on the rear. Wheels are Aodhan DS02 18x9.5 +30 225x40x18

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. How can you drive that on normal streets? My stock Insight bottoms out daily on driveways etc. I can't imagine driving a lowered version. Can you go over a speed bump?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had it installed since last Friday. The springs have settled in and I've driven about 500 plus miles on it (city and freeway) I scraped once coming out of my driveway cuz I didn't angle it correctly driving out. Other than, speed bumps in my neighborhood and grocery store parking lots no issue with clearance. The ride of course is not stock and I expected a little bit of bouncyness to it. I'm used to it though cuz most of my cars were lowered (Prius the latest one).

Interested to hear how you think it rides after a week. If it scrapes the driveway and all that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drive like an old lady lol! I'm either driving the speed limit or 5 mph over it. No issues with scrapping other than when I first backed out of my drive way. I forgot to angle my steering wheel but all I scraped was the plastic thing sticking out by the front bumper. Speed bump no issue, I've cleared it several times already.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
I drive like an old lady lol! I'm either driving the speed limit or 5 mph over it. No issues with scrapping other than when I first backed out of my drive way. I forgot to angle my steering wheel but all I scraped was the plastic thing sticking out by the front bumper. Speed bump no issue, I've cleared it several times already.
I guess that's another way to force yourself to not speed. What are you getting mpg wise? :smile_big:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the EX model before I was getting roughly about 53 mpg and now average 48 mpg but still hit 50’s sometimes (depends on weather and driving condition)

I guess that's another way to force yourself to not speed. What are you getting mpg wise? [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/images/NO_BRAND/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/img]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts