Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I found the Insight's service manual that @pcsailor posted awhile back from the Honda repair site. :)
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/1...a-insight_maintenance-pdfs-here.html#post4324

Transmission Fluid:
Honda ATF DW-1
Capacity:2.0 L (2.1 US QT)
https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/minder?year=2019&model=Insight
https://owners.honda.com/servicemaintenance/minder?year=2020&model=Insight

^Maintenance schedule can be accessed for the 2019/2020 Honda Insight now. The info looks to be the same as @pcsailor 's original post back in December 2018. So not sure why the amount of transmission fluid listed is different between the maintenance schedule and owner's manual. :confused:

Attachments

https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/minder?year=2019&model=Insight
https://owners.honda.com/servicemaintenance/minder?year=2020&model=Insight

^Maintenance schedule can be accessed for the 2019/2020 Honda Insight now. The info looks to be the same as @pcsailor 's original post back in December 2018. So not sure why the amount of transmission fluid listed is different between the maintenance schedule and owner's manual. :confused:
Your snapshots show hyperlinks to certain text/descriptions. Do you get that by logging in? Does it lead to other service-related instruction or information? When I open the 'generic' links on the web pages, only text shows (no hyperlinked text)...

Your snapshots show hyperlinks to certain text/descriptions. Do you get that by logging in? Does it lead to other service-related instruction or information? When I open the 'generic' links on the web pages, only text shows (no hyperlinked text)...
It just looks like that but aren't clickable links if you choose the printer version.

My 2019 Touring trim got its 50k miles service. I just got my AutoMatic Transmission Fluid changed. Oil change, tires rotated, annual inspection.

Honda service guy said,
Brake Fluid needs changing every 3 years.
At 100k miles do Engine Coolant Reserve fluid in tank changed out, and the Inverter Coolant Tank changed too.
Spark Plugs change out in 100k mile mark also.

Anything else fellas?

My 2019 Touring trim got its 50k miles service. I just got my AutoMatic Transmission Fluid changed. Oil change, tires rotated, annual inspection.

Honda service guy said,
Brake Fluid needs changing every 3 years.
At 100k miles do Engine Coolant Reserve fluid in tank changed out, and the Inverter Coolant Tank changed too.
Spark Plugs change out in 100k mile mark also.

Anything else fellas?
Besides the cabin and engine air filters if you haven't done them yet. I think you're good if the mileage info for the spark plugs and coolant is correct.

So far I've just been doing oil change + tire rotation, but I'm about to hit 30k, so I decided it's time to check out the official maintenance schedule for my 2020 Insight EX and maybe schedule an apt at my dealer.

I just spent twenty minutes searching through the 600pg manual and googling the web, and I can't find it. I can't believe something so basic and important is this undiscoverable.

Am I stupid/crazy, or did they drop the ball? Anyone know if an official mileage-based maintenance schedule exists, and where to find it?

I just spent twenty minutes searching through the 600pg manual and googling the web, and I can't find it. I can't believe something so basic and important is this undiscoverable.

Am I stupid/crazy, or did they drop the ball? Anyone know if an official mileage-based maintenance schedule exists, and where to find it?
Honda doesn't provide mileage based maintenance schedules for cars like the Insight that have a built-in Maintenance Minder. Technically, the Maintenance Minder 'should' be more custom/specific to your driving and usage, which should be 'better' than the former mileage based schedules.

Actual mileage at time of maintenance will vary by vehicle, so all Honda provides is a list of what is to be done when certain maintenance codes appear - like this list from the Owners Guide, and this list from the Honda Owner's site.

To get a heads up on "upcoming maintenance items" they can be viewed under Settings --> Vehicle --> Maintenance, before they come up as actual Maintenance Minder alerts.

So far I've just been doing oil change + tire rotation, but I'm about to hit 30k, so I decided it's time to check out the official maintenance schedule for my 2020 Insight EX and maybe schedule an apt at my dealer.

With the increase in sophistication with vehicle computers and the case that this is a hybrid, meaning that the ICE isn't running for every mile you are driving the car, so having strict mileage schedules is more difficult to create. Even with regenerative braking, it's difficult to assume your brakes are being used every time you touch the brake pedal. I assume other non-ICE-related maintenance that can be derived on mileage may just be programmed to come up on the display when it's time, but Honda doesn't seem to officially publish these numbers.

I found West Covina Honda's site has something regarding Insights (and can only assume it's for Gen3 as it doesn't say) and they have put down a mileage schedule. How they came up with it I'm not sure, but it's probably something you can use if you don't trust your vehicle is alerting you at the proper times. I'd rather err on the side of over maintaining than under maintaining...even if that sometimes means you maintain something that wasn't ready yet.

I like the end of their page:
While the dashboard lights and the regular maintenance schedule can guide you to proper servicing for your Honda Insight, let your own eyes and ears help you. If you have any concerns about the function of your Insight, contact the service department at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in West Covina to have it checked out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.