Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
January 2019 - 1,762
February 2019 1,587
March 2019 - 2,151 (Really close to December 2018 high of 2,235)

2018 total - 12,510
2019 total so far - 5,500
Lifetime since launch - 18,010

·
Registered
314 Posts
Will they break out 2019 and 2020 model sales when they transition to this year's model? I wonder...

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
Will they break out 2019 and 2020 model sales when they transition to this year's model? I wonder...
The public info that I saw around 18/19 Civic model year transition grouped the new and old model data together. I only found "total month sales" public info... though I'm sure Honda themselves tracks more detailed data internally.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
April 2019 - 2,028
2019 total so far - 7,528
Lifetime since launch - 20,038

Honda is targeting Insight sales of 12,000 units a year in Japan and hopes to sell more than 20,000 vehicles a year in North America. https://www.autonews.com/design/redesigned-insight-lure-sedan-buyers
Another month of 2,000+ sold and the American Insight has reached 20,000 sold 2 months early before the 1st anniversary. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
May 2019 - 2,653 (Best month so far)
2019 total so far - 10,181
Lifetime since launch - 22,691 (11 months)

Honda electrified vehicle sales topped 6,000 for the month, with Insight leading the way with 2,653 units sold.

The Civic is smoking the Accord and beating the CRV. :surprise: Clarity is doing really bad...

·
Registered
47 Posts
A plug in Insight would have probably sold better than the Clarity. I couldn’t make it past the partially covered rear wheel on the clarity.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Honda's sales were up across the board from April to May. Must be a seasonal thing.

I like to compare Insight / Civic ratio. In April it was 7%, but in May it was 8%.

Strong sales the whole year! I think it's promising for our chosen set of wheels.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A plug in Insight would have probably sold better than the Clarity. I couldn’t make it past the partially covered rear wheel on the clarity.
When the 10th Civic came out, I was underwhelmed on our local/non-highway test drive. (I also grieved the loss of the flat back floor I had in the 8th Civic - I guess that'l never come back now). I'm guessing mid-gen revs to the 10th has helped to boost sales, with some of the features shared by the Insight (headlights) that the original release got dinged on. I still have trouble distinguishing Civics from Insights from the front (let alone Clarity/Accords).

I was somewhat intrigued by the PHEV Clarity offering the possibility of electric local miles (though needing some sort of charging infrastructure for our condo building), but I was not in the market to buy new and the reviews proved poor. Limited availability, restricted test drives to only serious buyers (only one was in the showroom), and that didn't help things. I can only think that the experience with the Clarity pointed the way to Honda what buyers wanted.

With the Insight, we were able to test drive - but it was a drive around the block! Though quiet it was, even Civic driven around the block would have been quiet. (Salesperson could have been trying to keep us from hearing the ICE grumble) I think in the end, high MPG, and reviews put me on the watch for a used model. When I test drove my Insight - I took it on the highway due to concerns about power and noise - I found sufficient power, but it didn't think it was particularly quiet. But a good looking sedan and high MPG, were what I was looking for and I think setting recommended air pressures has helped in terms of road noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts