Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, thanks you! First Person from Mexico, but I am Nicaraguan by birth!
Great to join - I got my car yesterday, the trim from what I have read is not equivalent to any from US / CA though it does have a bit of both. I haven’t figured out if it is a Touring without some features or an EX with. And still I have a Canadian feature, the AVAS on/off which I understand in mandatory on in US but have a button in Canada, well it is not mandatory in Mex.

So my trim does have the R17 wheel, leather seats, 2 USBs, but does not have 10 speaker system, home link rear view mirror, heated seats or mirrors. I want to see what other feature it does/doesn’t have - we should compile a list US/CA/MX!

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

What trim level do you own? Did you pick up a 2019 or 2020 Insight? Is it accurate that your model was delivered with spare tire and foam tools/kit in place (rather than air compressor)? Have you seen many (any) other Insights yet in Mexico?

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
Hello, thanks you! First Person from Mexico, but I am Nicaraguan by birth!
Great to join - I got my car yesterday, the trim from what I have read is not equivalent to any from US / CA though it does have a bit of both. I haven’t figured out if it is a Touring without some features or an EX with. And still I have a Canadian feature, the AVAS on/off which I understand in mandatory on in US but have a button in Canada, well it is not mandatory in Mex.

So my trim does have the R17 wheel, leather seats, 2 USBs, but does not have 10 speaker system, home link rear view mirror, heated seats or mirrors. I want to see what other feature it does/doesn’t have - we should compile a list US/CA/MX!
The following thread has discussion of US vs Canada vs Mexico Insight - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/258-2019-honda-insight-features-equipment/2670-canadian-honda-insight-has-rear-heated-seats.html

And comparative data on how the Insight is selling by country is summarized in the following thread. At the time of summary, more Insights had sold in Mexico (hybrids run better in warmer weather?) than in Canada - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/32-ev-lounge/3090-japan-electrified-vehicles-account-40%-overall-sales.html

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
Also, it might be a good thing that you have many of the Touring amenities except for the 10 speaker system. US/Canada Touring owners have not been impressed with the sound quality or tuning capabilities - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-2019-honda-insight-user-interface/200-audio-system-touring.html

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Here I am Mexican Insight owner!
Welcome to the forum! I think the Mexican Insight is the Touring trim due to the leather seats and 17" alloy wheels. Do you get a spare tire? I know you guys don't get the heated seats but are they ventilated seats?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for your response Andrew28. We do get a spare tire, US does not (weight consideration?) I haven’t checked if the seats are ventilated. Thank you Insightfully for the reference to the discussion of US/CAN/MX trims, did not see much info on MX but I was thinking more along the line of :

Features (2019 Touring Trim)..........................| US | CN | MX
Heated Rear Seats.........................................| --- | XX | ---
Heated Side Mirrors.......................................| XX | XX | ---
Low Window Washer Liquid Sensor...................| --- | XX | ---
AVAS on/off. Switch.......................................| --- | XX | XX
Leather Seats...............................................| XX | XX | XX
10 Speaker Audio System...............................| XX | XX | 8
Spare Tire....................................................| --- | XX | XX (donut)
Remote Start................................................| XX | XX | ---
Fog Lights....................................................| XX | XX | ---

Please add or correct!

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
Thanks for the nice summary of US vs Canada vs Mexico Insights.

Some of the items missing from the Mexico model makes sense for the market and climate (e.g. no fog lights, no remote start, no heated front/rear seats nor side mirrors).

The Canada model really gets the most features, out of all the ones listed/available for the Touring trim... but most of them seem to relate to exterior temperature conditions. The Canadian model has HomeLink and heated side mirrors, which I've added/updated in your list above.

I found these lists of PDF specifications for the Canada and Mexico Insights. (I stuck with the 2019 model year on both, for consistency in comparison... and assuming the 2020 specs remained the same, as in US.) I couldn't find a PDF for US models, but linked to the summary page for US trim comparisons:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Features (2019 Touring Trim)..........................| US | CN | MX
Heated Rear Seats.........................................| --- | XX | ---
Heated Side Mirrors.......................................| XX | XX | ---
Low Window Washer Liquid Sensor...................| --- | XX | ---
AVAS on/off. Switch.......................................| --- | XX | XX
Leather Seats............................................. ..| XX | XX | XX
10 Speaker Audio System...............................| XX | XX | 8
Spare Tire.............................................. ......| --- | XX | XX (donut)
Remote Start............................................. ...| XX | XX | ---
Fog Lights............................................ ........| XX | XX | ---
Navigation.....................................................| XX | XX | —-
HondaLink.....................................................| XX | XX | —-
Sirius............................................................| XX | XX | —-

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I have only driven it for 4 days but my average is 15.6 km/l
What's the fuel economy rating provided by the Mexican government for the Insight? Here in the US, the Touring Insight is rated for 48mpg city/highway combined which is around 20.4km/l. 15.6km/l is about 36.7mpg.

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
I have an average of 15.1 km/l, i have not check if I can change it to mpg
The following thread has info on the digital speedometer. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-2019-honda-insight-user-interface/2970-mph-digital-gauge-not-speedometer.html

The complaint is that US cars only display KPH digitally, while Canadian cars only display MPH. We're curious as to which option you have available on the digital speedometer for your Insight. I'm guessing it's like the Canadian model, which only displays MPH digitally...?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They say 31.5 km/l - today I reached 25 km/l, but again the car is 6 days a old.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gotcha, I will check on this tomorrow!

Meanwhile I had a though. My Insight according to the agency is a Touring without certain features (versus a EX with certain features), which I still don’t understand why they not all features are offered, but anyway, my though is: mine “does not” have the remote start feature, my remote is the one with 4 buttons and not five, but what if I bought the 5 key key fob, could I program it to my car? If so, then, the remote start is a feature that comes with all trims, and is only activated with the correct remote?

This also makes me think, mine does not have the navigation feature, but would it still have the GPS module installed, just the app is limited? So is there a way to “activate” the navigation? - Should / would it be only software?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts