Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The night we drove our brand new 2020 insight home from the dealership, a rock hit our front bumper and took a hunk a plastic along with the paint. Not even 20 miles on the car yet. This was before I had a chance to get my clear bra installed. 馃サ

Is it just me or do these things happen to other people too?

9ECF29F2-A6E3-4064-9AA6-51319DE423B6.jpeg

Super Moderator
I hear ya. I got my first rock chip on the driver's side fender (one in a million shot) on my first drive to work. I am only on a highway for two miles - the rest is country roads - and, of course, that's where it happened.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch! Can the same place repair the paint before installing clear bra, or will you need to do separately?
My installer fixed it the best he could before applying the clear bra. It鈥檚 still very noticeable to me. He said a total respray is needed to make it perfect. I hate it that I鈥檓 so OCD 馃サ

Super Moderator
My installer fixed it the best he could before applying the clear bra. It鈥檚 still very noticeable to me. He said a total respray is needed to make it perfect. I hate it that I鈥檓 so OCD 馃サ
Maybe a 2021 model will also be in your future, following your 2019 and 2020. ;)

Registered
Ouch! I've been lucky so far, haven't seen any chips yet. . . I hope that bra gets fixed for you.

Super Moderator
Yep, my Insight definitely have rock chips. Got them on my windshield, headlights, front bumper , hood. 馃様

Registered
Driving my wife's Sienna new home from the dealer and a large rock cracked the windshield. So from day 2 we had a replacement windshield. Luckily, that was covered by insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts