Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insightfully: did it ever occur to you it annoys people when you move their posts around without their permission? I think that may have put off some members from ever wanting to post here honestly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why was my post above moved to a completely different thread?? I went to the thread I originally posted this to and it was gone. I thought I had violated a rule or something. After looking at my post history I found it here....in an 18-month-old thread.

While my post happens to mention my trip to Vegas, it was not intended to be about that. It was intended as a reply to the thread I posted this in which was about the Insight's mileage. It was done with a purpose behind it for those looking up posts on mileage and reading through that thread.

I've been using message boards for nearly 20 years and have NEVER come across this before. It's very unsettling for a moderator to interpret my intentions on my behalf. If I had wanted to reply to this thread I would have. I wasn't derailing the other thread or being malicious in any way. Moderators should moderate the rules, not people's intentions while arbitrarily moving posts around because they feel like it belongs somewhere else.

Maybe this is an overreaction, but I really don't feel comfortable posting here anymore. I don't like my thoughts and intentions policed.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Maybe this is an overreaction, but I really don't feel comfortable posting here anymore. I don't like my thoughts and intentions policed.
The system should send a message/alert when moved; I'm sorry if that didn't occur. Was trying to sort topics to help with search in future and to make connections to other group conversations. But I understand the feedback and will take into account going forward. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts