Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic told me in November 2018 that my 2006 Honda Civic wouldn't make it through another Massachusetts winter without new tires and repairs that would cost more than the car was worth. I leaped into action, read a lot of Consumer Report auto ratings, test drove a bunch of vehicles (not just Hondas)... and then did nothing. We had a fairly mild winter, so my Civic did make it through, but I knew it wouldn't pass inspection in June. I hemmed and hawed and fretted (I HATE the whole car-buying process), but finally bit the bullet and bought a 2019 Insight EX ("Crimson Pearl", because marketing won't let you call it "red") in April. So far I am extremely impressed and satisfied. It has some bells and whistles I don't care about -- Brake Hold? Really, you can't just keep your foot on the brake until the light turns green? -- and I'm not looking forward to the day when the center console touch panel bites the dust -- How much is THAT going to cost to replace? I'm getting low 60s for mileage, which I am very happy about.

I found this forum when I googled "Honda Insight steering wheel paddles", because the user's guide that comes with the car tells you absolutely nothing about them! I found an excellent thread here that explains exactly how they work. (I have to say, the user's guide is pretty poor; I almost think it was translated from the Japanese with Google Translate, and a minimum of proofreading was done. Thank goodness this forum provides a link to download the 635-page user's manual, which I'm still going through.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
if you haven't done so already, you can order the user's manual to have a hard copy. The info for the website to log on is found in the front of the user's guide.

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
My mechanic told me in November 2018 that my 2006 Honda Civic wouldn't make it through another Massachusetts winter without new tires and repairs that would cost more than the car was worth. I leaped into action, read a lot of Consumer Report auto ratings, test drove a bunch of vehicles (not just Hondas)... and then did nothing. We had a fairly mild winter, so my Civic did make it through, but I knew it wouldn't pass inspection in June. I hemmed and hawed and fretted (I HATE the whole car-buying process), but finally bit the bullet and bought a 2019 Insight EX ("Crimson Pearl", because marketing won't let you call it "red") in April. So far I am extremely impressed and satisfied. It has some bells and whistles I don't care about -- Brake Hold? Really, you can't just keep your foot on the brake until the light turns green? -- and I'm not looking forward to the day when the center console touch panel bites the dust -- How much is THAT going to cost to replace? I'm getting low 60s for mileage, which I am very happy about.

I found this forum when I googled "Honda Insight steering wheel paddles", because the user's guide that comes with the car tells you absolutely nothing about them! I found an excellent thread here that explains exactly how they work. (I have to say, the user's guide is pretty poor; I almost think it was translated from the Japanese with Google Translate, and a minimum of proofreading was done. Thank goodness this forum provides a link to download the 635-page user's manual, which I'm still going through.)
Finally another MA Insight owner on the forum! :grin: I have seen plenty of Insights(only 1 crimson pearl so far) in Boston but it seems like I'm the only MA Insight owner on the forum until now.

I love brake hold, it makes sitting in those standstill traffic more bearable, you should give it a try unless you don't sit in much traffic during your commute. I'm also curious how the tablet screen will hold up over the years with the summer heat and freezing winter. Yes, the user guide was rushed out with some errors and confusing information. Honda has corrected it with the 2020 Honda Insight User Guide (http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/QS/AH/ATXM2020OG/enu/ATXM2020OG.PDF).

See you around the forum! :smile:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, neighbor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts