Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/290-2019-honda-insight-user-interface/2520-android-auto-vs-apple-carplay.html#post17676
^I'm not sure if you guys remember this post I made back in the Summer about seeing an Apple Maps car.

Well... Apple launched their version of street view for Boston, Washington DC, and Philadelphia today.
https://9to5mac.com/2020/02/21/apple-maps-look-around-street-view-update/

I found my Insight on Apple Maps. :eek:

Edit: Just noticed the Apple Maps car even drove by my apartment and got another pic of my Insight, lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to keep an eye out for a google maps car now. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
That was a beautiful sunny day, and nice pictures of your car. The first picture is so centered, it looks like a professional photo. Or an ad for "bypass Boston traffic - buy a hybrid instead." :)

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a beautiful sunny day, and nice pictures of your car. The first picture is so centered, it looks like a professional photo. Or an ad for "bypass Boston traffic - buy a hybrid instead." :)
I was heading to the AMC theater nearby to see Spiderman Far From Home. I was suppose to come from the highway but Waze told me to go this route to avoid traffic. :D I'm not sure what kind of camera Apple is using for Apple Maps but the images looks way better than Google's street view. It's really high resolution and depending on the angle you're viewing from objects can even look 3D-ish.

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apple.png

My Insight is going to be on Apple Maps again along with a 2nd gen Insight. 😄

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is your car? That looks like a Subaru.
The Subaru is the Apple Maps car. You won't see my car until Apple uploads the images to Look Around(Apple's Street View). :p The image above was pulled from my car's dashcam.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
The Subaru is the Apple Maps car. You won't see my car until Apple uploads the images to Look Around(Apple's Street View). :p The image above was pulled from my car's dashcam.
I'm an idiot! I didn't look at the ROOF of the Subaru!

Congratulations!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts