Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

My new Insight first two weeks total mpg 48.0, today's commute 59.4

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hasarad 
#1 ·
I've been lurking on this forum all summer and finally picked up my new 2019 Crimson Pearl Insight two weeks ago today. Thanks to all of the great information available at this site. My big breakthrough so far was reading hasarad's suggestion about how to use Sport mode around hills. I drive a 33 mile daily round trip from Northern Atlanta suburbs to Downtown/West End. I have to use climate control during dog days and Atlanta has plenty of hills. Overall mileage stands at 48.0 after two weeks but that number has risen every day. This morning's 16.5 commute showed 59.4 mpg when I parked her. I'm enjoying learning how to drive my first hybrid in this beautiful car. I still haven't seen another Insight in Atlanta traffic and I've been looking since June. SUV-land.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the club! I recommend using the Eco Drive DDI to learn how to accelerate and decelerate gently. Also there is tons of great info here to help you get the most out of your milage.

I've been looking for another insight since long before I bought mine. But it was only after I bought one that I found another co-worker with one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.