Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a weird one.

While driving with the Insight map on the display my wife turned down the volume on the radio or at least tried to do that. The map display switched to a birds eye view of Liberia, yes the country in Africa. What to do? My wife pressed go just to see what would happen and we got an error indicating that we do not have any map details for Liberia. Big surprise! I guess there is some sort of world map bits and pieces in the Garmin stuff that is normally supplied and we somehow found it.. In any case, after the error message was acknowledged we were back into the regular map display and the radio volume control behaved as expected,

It would have been a long and wet journey to Liberia from Toronto.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
While driving with the Insight map on the display my wife turned down the volume on the radio or at least tried to do that. The map display switched to a birds eye view of Liberia, yes the country in Africa. What to do? My wife pressed go just to see what would happen and we got an error indicating that we do not have any map details for Liberia. Big surprise! I guess there is some sort of world map bits and pieces in the Garmin stuff that is normally supplied and we somehow found it.. In any case, after the error message was acknowledged we were back into the regular map display and the radio volume control behaved as expected,
Maybe not related since description occurred with push/touch, but there's a "change country" voice command mentioned in the nav manual.

Too bad the Garmin nav didn't route you to Liberia, Costa Rica instead... would've been closer and drive-able in 'only' 74 hours. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts