Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be a column on the right side of the home page that listed the latest "yesterday" and "today" posts in chronological order. Using said list made it easy to keep current with new posts in all categories.

I can't find such a list anymore. Is it hidden somewhere on the web site ? Without that list, I see no way to keep up-to-date on posts. Without that list this forum will be of little use to me, and I would miss it enormously !

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts

^You can bookmark that link or click on the "NEW" bubble to see all the new posts across the forum. It will also separate read and unread posts from your last login/visit.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
As mentioned, the "NEW" icon in the top right corner is the best way to see what's been posted lately.

A few other quick tips:
  • Click on the "time stamp text" (e.g. 2 h ago) to view the last/latest post. Doing this replaces clicking on the ">>" from the old site.
  • To view the list of forum sections, click on "Full Forum Listing" hyperlink when you first log in, OR click on the "bullet points" icon to the right of the "NEW" icon (see above).
  • To create a new thread in one of those forums, click on the "Start Discussion" blue button inside the forum.

We moderators will update the "user tips" and forum welcome note with these additional details shortly... but continue to post other questions here in the meantime. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As mentioned, the "NEW" icon in the top right corner is the best way to see what's been posted lately.
View attachment 5035

A few other quick tips:
  • Click on the "time stamp text" (e.g. 2 h ago) to view the last/latest post. Doing this replaces clicking on the ">>" from the old site.
  • To view the list of forum sections, click on "Full Forum Listing" hyperlink when you first log in, OR click on the "bullet points" icon to the right of the "NEW" icon (see above).
  • To create a new thread in one of those forums, click on the "Start Discussion" blue button inside the forum.
View attachment 5036

We moderators will update the "user tips" and forum welcome note with these additional details shortly... but continue to post other questions here in the meantime. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That "new" listing has little value since it lists a few posts several hours ago and then jumps to posts that are days ago. IF A THING WORKS (OLD LISTING) WHY CHANGE TO SOMETHING SO LAME ?

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
That "new" listing has little value since it lists a few posts several hours ago and then jumps to posts that are days ago. IF A THING WORKS (OLD LISTING) WHY CHANGE TO SOMETHING SO LAME ?
I promise that the "NEW" listing works the same as on the old site, listing posts in reverse chronology from most recent to oldest. :)

Prior to your post to start this thread, the preceding post was from 8 hours ago.

The "time jump" you're observing reflects fewer recent postings to this site, given our other current COVID-related world happenings and topics. To paraphrase, "it's been a slow news day (and week) for Insight-related topics," as they say...

One add/feature of the new site is that it shows the following gray bar between new and old posts between your log-ins. Anything that wasn't visible the last time you logged in will appear above this gray bar to help make the most of your time.

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
Once you're in the "New" section, you can modify the filters. I unchecked everything, and the results are essentially what you had underneath "Active Topics" in the last generation of the forum. By default, only unread messages is shown, hence, the need to fiddle with the filters. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts