Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just grabbed an 2019 Honda Insight Ex in Crimson Red/Ivory today after test driving many different cars over the past week. I loved the Touring Leather wrapped steering wheel, but couldn't justify $5K for that, so went with the EX. Paid $21890, with dealer optional Splash Guards pre-installed. Skipped the added warranties/tire protection/seat protection/etc/etc/etc...

My wife drives a 2015 Toyota Prius and loves it (I think it's a tad underpowered) so we've had Hybrids for a bit.

Question: Is there a standard "Owners Manual" in the glove box? Mine did not have one.. maybe they don't print those anymore?

New job, new car.. Love it so far! (and I've only had it about 12 hours!) :)

Doogie (in Cincinnati)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
Just grabbed an 2019 Honda Insight Ex in Crimson Red/Ivory today after test driving many different cars over the past week. I loved the Touring Leather wrapped steering wheel, but couldn't justify $5K for that, so went with the EX. Paid $21890, with dealer optional Splash Guards pre-installed. Skipped the added warranties/tire protection/seat protection/etc/etc/etc...

My wife drives a 2015 Toyota Prius and loves it (I think it's a tad underpowered) so we've had Hybrids for a bit.

Question: Is there a standard "Owners Manual" in the glove box? Mine did not have one.. maybe they don't print those anymore?

New job, new car.. Love it so far! (and I've only had it about 12 hours!) :)

Doogie (in Cincinnati)
Congrats on your new Insight @Doogie! Out of the 3 hybrids (Prius, Ioniq, Insight), the Insight has the most HP & Torque, while being only slightly less fuel efficient. It's also the better looking car out of the 3. :wink:

You should had received a owners guide(smaller booklet) with the car. You can request the actual owners manual and warranty booklet as the first owner for free, here (https://owners.honda.com/manualrequest/2019/Insight).

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,061 Posts
Congratulations on your new Insight! I also have an ivory interior. All my concerns about keeping it clean were for naught. The fabric cleans up nicely with minimal effort. My reason for getting an EX was that I didn't want leather, nor did I want to give up headroom for a sunroof.

I ordered the printed manuals per the link @andrew28 provided and have them tucked away as a potential collector's item. I primarily use the PDF version since it's searchable. You can download it here: https://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2019/Insight/manuals

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Welcome for the forum, Doogie! Was the purchase price you listed before tax/title/license fees? Ohio tax is listed as 5.25-7.25% depending on county, so was your out-the-door price perhaps ~$23.3k?

If you're handy and motivated, there are a few options for improving the steering wheel:
I opted for the 'cover' approach and have been satisfied with the result.

Congrats on the new car (and new job). See you around the forum!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Doogie, we have the same car and color and absolutely love it!

Congrats on buying it -- and at such a good price. You've come to a good forum, website. Helpful, informative, friendly bunch around here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link to order the manual! I appreciate that, will do so right away!

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Received my manual... wow is this thick!
Ha, yes... don't hurt yourself trying to lift it. :) I prefer using the PDF version, when I have access to a computer.

Did it take 8 weeks to receive (i.e. ordered mid-July, received early Sept)? That was about what it took for my copy to arrive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts