Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all!

Just purchased a beautiful 2021 Radiant Red Insight Touring today from Hubler Honda in Taylorsville, IN. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon! I'm very excited to finally own one of these. I've always had a fondness for this car ever since I first saw it and I recently was in a position to acquire a new daily driver. I was comparing the Accord Hybrid to this, and ultimately, I love the looks of the Insight better along with its smaller size. I live in the city, and having a smaller car that happens to be a hybrid is a huge win for me.

As the title reads, I am not new to Hondas. I had a 2016 CR-Z EX (with manual transmission, that was a fun, quirky car), but in the long run, I became dissatisfied with its fuel economy, ultimately leading me to acquire the Insight. I could achieve 50mpg in the CR-Z, but I had to try very hard and/or cruise around 55mph. At interstate speeds (70-75 mph is where I usually cruise) it could only muster about 32-36 mpg, depending on the temperature. I'll miss the little CR-Z, but I am very excited for the improved Hybrid drivetrain that the Insight offers along with all the safety tech and infotainment tech that the CR-Z did not have.

I also have a 2006 Honda S2000 that is my warm weather toy. If any of you ever have the chance to drive one, I highly suggest it! It is one of Honda's finest products, and such a joy to drive.

As you can see, I'm a huge Honda fan, I've owned more Hondas than anything else and I don't plan for that to change. Glad to be a part of the Insight community now!

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
Taylorville, hmm. Just a few miles from the factory where it was built. Hope they did not gouge you too much on the shipping charge.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Just purchased a beautiful 2021 Radiant Red Insight Touring today from Hubler Honda in Taylorsville, IN. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon! I'm very excited to finally own one of these. I've always had a fondness for this car ever since I first saw it and I recently was in a position to acquire a new daily driver. I was comparing the Accord Hybrid to this, and ultimately, I love the looks of the Insight better along with its smaller size. I live in the city, and having a smaller car that happens to be a hybrid is a huge win for me.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on adding a new Honda to your collection today! She's a beaut... and should be much easier to get 50 mpg in city driving than the CR-Z. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taylorville, hmm. Just a few miles from the factory where it was built. Hope they did not gouge you too much on the shipping charge.
I get employee pricing, and so all of that is included into my discount. Either way, I am very happy with my final price and it was a no-brainer considering the used car market is so inflated right now, a used Insight just didn't make sense.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on adding a new Honda to your collection today! She's a beaut... and should be much easier to get 50 mpg in city driving than the CR-Z. :)
thank you so much! I am very excited to cruise around the city, enjoy some stellar fuel economy, and look good doin' it!

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
I get employee pricing, and so all of that is included into my discount. Either way, I am very happy with my final price and it was a no-brainer considering the used car market is so inflated right now, a used Insight just didn't make sense.
Could you share with us "high level" info on what discount employee pricing provides?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brought the Insight home today! Got about 46.6 mpg on the way home, mostly interstate driving around 72 mph. Not too shabby! Can't wait to see what I can achieve around town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts