Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2020 Insight Touring after driving a Civic Hybrid for 16 years and 201,000 miles. I've got a lot to learn and hope some of you will be able to help. Glad I found you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sehoriole
What year was your Civic? I drove a 2005 Civic Hybrid, but traded it in on my 2019 Insight. (It had about 98,000 on it, but I was putting more money into it lately). . .
Welcome to the In(site)!

·
Super Moderator
4,093 Posts
sehoriole
What year was your Civic? I drove a 2005 Civic Hybrid, but traded it in on my 2019 Insight. (It had about 98,000 on it, but I was putting more money into it lately). . .
Welcome to the In(site)!
Can I ask what type of maintenance was costing on your HCH? With fewer mechanical parts, aren't hybrids supposed to be relatively problem-free, until/around battery replacement?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had to replace a trans axle on it twice (the first time the dealer used an off brand), and the second time the new dealer I took it to used a Honda part. Much better.
I had to replace locks (front door & trunk), then the ignition switch, which was pretty steep (I usually take my vehicle to the dealer, so I pay premiums, but I trust the place I take mine to--they
don't hit me up for unnecessary work etc).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts