Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I just got my new 2022 Insight Touring last Friday, and it is really a perfect (well...besides the noise) car so far.

I start noticing this rattling noise coming out from the driver's side a pillar and ac vent area, but unable to locate the exact source. It's not happening consistently, only on uneven roads sometimes. Kind of upset with the quality of the Honda vehicle since it's a new car only with ~200 miles on it so far...

Does anyone else encounter the same issue? I have scheduled to drop off my car back to the dealership in a few days and have them check it, but I just want to see if there are any solutions or possible causes about this so it would save a lot of time for troubleshooting.

Thank you!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would hazard a guess that a lot of us have that sound if we turn down the stereo. I did bring it up to my dealer. He shrugged his shoulders and said that the Accords, and Civics make the same sound too. To me it sounds like a vacuum leak for old style vacuum operated dampers, but our cars have electrically operated dampers. Mine does go away if I turn off the HVAC system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would hazard a guess that a lot of us have that sound if we turn down the stereo. I did bring it up to my dealer. He shrugged his shoulders and said that the Accords, and Civics make the same sound too. To me it sounds like a vacuum leak for old style vacuum operated dampers, but our cars have electrically operated dampers. Mine does go away if I turn off the HVAC system.
Mine does not go away with AC turned off. I tried to turn off the speakers and the AC, but nothing works...
This is so annoying if the dealer can't resolve it, once you notice it, it's just impossible to ignore the rattling...

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,771 Posts
If you touch the a-pillar cover, does it stop?

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
99 Posts
Greetings!

I just got my new 2022 Insight Touring last Friday, and it is really a perfect (well...besides the noise) car so far.

I start noticing this rattling noise coming out from the driver's side a pillar and ac vent area, but unable to locate the exact source. It's not happening consistently, only on uneven roads sometimes. Kind of upset with the quality of the Honda vehicle since it's a new car only with ~200 miles on it so far...

Does anyone else encounter the same issue? I have scheduled to drop off my car back to the dealership in a few days and have them check it, but I just want to see if there are any solutions or possible causes about this so it would save a lot of time for troubleshooting.

Thank you!
That would drive me nuts. I don't have the problem in my 2021 EX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings!

Thank you!
Hello,

Try adjusting the vanes in the A/C vent. I had the same problem and that solved it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Move the vent closer slightly to the left or right.. It fixes mine everytime..
I came across a post online and saw someone mentioned the rattling is from the AC vent dial.
I tried to push it downwards while rattling and it actually stops! So I guess that is where the noise comes from.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts