Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

A big thanks to the this forum, I lurked reading up on the Insight quite a bit before I finally went for a new Modern Steel Metallic 2021 Insight EX in mid-March. I feel like I generally knew what to expect when I test drove and then bought my Insight thanks to the people here.

I'm a long time Civic owner. The Insight replaced my 2010 Civic. My wife has a 2018 Civic EX, so it was interesting to see the differences and similarities with its Insight "cousin."

Pretty happy with it, but found a few little things I'll ask about in the right subforum.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! My wife also has a 2018 Civic EX.

Pro tip: If you steal the coin tray out of her Civic, it'll fit your Insight (that didn't come with one) perfectly. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might do that, she doesn't use the coin tray.

In that vein, I was a little surprised to see the Insight come with the old cup holder. For the 2019 Civic refresh, Honda tweaked the cup holder, it's a little bit better (IMO the cup holder is still one of the weakest parts of the 10th generation design). I ordered the 2019 part for my wife's car as soon I learned about it, and then did the same for my Insight when I saw it came with the 2016-2018 part.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
I might do that, she doesn't use the coin tray.

In that vein, I was a little surprised to see the Insight come with the old cup holder. For the 2019 Civic refresh, Honda tweaked the cup holder, it's a little bit better (IMO the cup holder is still one of the weakest parts of the 10th generation design). I ordered the 2019 part for my wife's car as soon I learned about it, and then did the same for my Insight when I saw it came with the 2016-2018 part.
Interestiing! I didn't know we had an option. Can you point me to a photo or part number for the updated cup holder?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cup holder just swaps right in place of the original one. It's got small "fingers" for different bottle sizes, still not great, but better than the 2016-18 version.

Honda Part # 83446-TBA-AA1ZA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts