Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2019 Insight Touring a month ago after junior member iMMD from Scottsdale let me drive his. I couldn't be happier with it. Presently at 4600 miles without any problems. Calculated MPG (display reads ~1 MPG low) is staying around 47-48 on the hwy and 53 in the city. This car loves our stop and go driving which typically pushes the MPG above 60. I'm retired, live in Long Beach CA, and am a mechanical/electronic geek who services his own vehicles. Try as I may I haven't been able to find any problems with my Insight. I really enjoy surfing this forum with all the useful information on it. My previous Honda was a 2016 Civic Touring Coupe. I also had a 1971 Honda N600 that I bought used but that was 35 years ago. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
This is my first car with regenerative braking so I love the stop and go driving. Some extra charging for my battery and no brake pad wear, too. :smile_big: Congrats on your Insight and see you around the forum!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Chris, and welcome.

It's a marvel of engineering, but also a good looking car! My car wash guys thought my Insight was a Tesla. :grin:

Good gas mileage is easy to get if you use a few preemptive measures, such as early regenerative breaking and less demanding starts (without slowing down traffic flow). But the Insight feels good on the road and has power when you need it. I'm currently testing my latest tank of non-ethanol gas in 100% Sport Mode just to see what that gets for range and MPG. So far it's still meeting the EPA standard for the EX by being well into the 50+ MPG range.

Enjoy your new Insight! :smile:

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts