Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I'm new to this forum. My wife purchased a 2021 EX in October.

We researched the car for well over a year and finally purchased the car this fall. I did come on this forum a number of times to read posts and just get some general feedback on this car. Great to get real world and hopefully honest feedback from all your experiences. Communication and honesty, for me, are two key building blocks for a better world!

Anyway, I did read about the fuel pump recall, the issues with the build quality and a few other nuisance things. Our car does have a few areas where the panel gaps are a little disappointing. Also, I read here that the rear window is a collection site for small leaves and debris. This is 100% true. The design of the rear window rain channels is a head scratcher. My wife drove an Accord for 20 years; no rain channels on the rear window, no problems. I'm a VW guy, but must admit that Honda makes some well engineered cars. Never had any major problems with that Accord. Also, the engine bay of that Accord was great for a DIY. I have a few other gripes with the Insight, but that is for another time.

This is our first hybrid and Honda's reputation outweighed the risk of buying a pretty complicated machine. Hopefully there will be no major problems.

Take care,
Joe

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The 2021 Insight isn't affected by the Fuel Pump recall nor BCM Software recall, so your later purchase timing was a benefit.

This is also my first hybrid and first new Honda in ~20 years. My prior Hondas were TANKS and only met their recent untimely demise in driving accidents caused by other drivers; they'd still be running and kicking after ~30 years of use otherwise!

Did your wife also consider the Accord Hybrid, or did she feel (as I do) that the Accord has gotten too large? Compared to an Accord from ~30 years ago, even the Insight is larger than that Accord was. Driving the GenX Accord felt like maneuvering a boat.

Feel free to post about additional likes/dislikes on the car in the following sub-forum: 2019+ Honda Insight: Likes And Dislikes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! The 2021 Insight isn't affected by the Fuel Pump recall nor BCM Software recall, so your later purchase timing was a benefit.

This is also my first hybrid and first new Honda in ~20 years. My prior Hondas were TANKS and only met their recent untimely demise in driving accidents caused by other drivers; they'd still be running and kicking after ~30 years of use otherwise!

Did your wife also consider the Accord Hybrid, or did she feel (as I do) that the Accord has gotten too large? Compared to an Accord from ~30 years ago, even the Insight is larger than that Accord was. Driving the GenX Accord felt like maneuvering a boat.

Feel free to post about additional likes/dislikes on the car in the following sub-forum: 2019+ Honda Insight: Likes And Dislikes
Yeap, we looked at the Accord and like you, she didn't like the size. She also did not like the rear lights. She loves the Insight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeap, we looked at the Accord and like you, she didn't like the size. She also did not like the rear lights. She loves the Insight.
:) Same here. My wife also felt Accord as too big and we ended up getting 2021 Insight Ex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts